Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Can a Custom Tab in a Project include another "Template"?

Level 7
Hello, this is kinda like a two projects in one question. We have an extensive "Campaign Planning Project" and I am wanting to incorporate another template for "Events" within that project. I know you can have forms and dashboards added into a tab but what about an alternate schedule template? If no, then we will have to go adding issue route and creating a linked asset - or re-do the template as a form since it's REALLY just a fancy checklist ... any ideas?? Tegwyn Stockdale Production Coordinator / PM BayCare Clearwater, Florida Baycare Health System, Inc.
4 Replies

Level 10
This sounds like an amazing idea that I am also interested in. I've tried to cross-link with another project that is also basically a checklist of things that need to be done during a certain task, which may work for you. It's been a barrier for me because there is no easy way to link back and forth between the 2 projects without putting in a URL to the cross-project or task in the Updates or the Description of the tasks that relate to each other. However the volume of projects we have has made this difficult for us to achieve with consistency, and adds a lot of work when setting up projects so we haven't pursued it as a solution. I'd love to hear some clever ideas for this!

Level 4
Hi Tegwyn, Have you considered "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/216741968-Understanding-Cross-Project-Predecessors">Cross Project Predecessors? These allow you to link a task to a task in another project. You could create a separate 'checklist' project and set the parent task of that project as an enforced predecessor to a task on your Campaign Planning Project. This would prevent the task on the Campaign Planning Project from finishing until the checklist project is complete. An alternative, if the checklist is the same every time, you could add a custom form on a Campaign Planning Project task that contains a checkbox field with all of the steps. I'd recommend adding a task approval to the task in this scenario to verify the custom fields are complete because unfortunately, Workfront allows you to mark a task as complete even if required fields are blank. Andrew Beard - LeapPoint Senior Associate LeapPoint Herndon VA

Level 7
Yay ! 2 replies.... we also have a high volume of projects being converted. (sometimes 45/day) one way we handle getting into the main project (Campaign) offshoots, for lack of better terminology, is a custom tab called Campaign Assets within each campaign project within this report there are 2 columns that contain links to Asset "Request" and another to Asset "Projects". It has helped a lot with marketing because they sometimes need to add docs to original request and have to find the project - then resolved by etc....this has saved a lot of aggravation. I read something about parent predecessors and task linking but not enough to do it without some additional reading --- Thank you for responses and ideas....I am going look for material today and try that out. one idea spurs on another and you get deeper & deeper into workings!! job security I suppose =) Tegwyn Stockdale Production Coordinator / PM BayCare Clearwater, Florida Baycare Health System, Inc.

Level 7
Thanks Andrew for giving me a link ....have not tried this route before so I am going to check out for sure!! Tegwyn Stockdale Production Coordinator / PM BayCare Clearwater, Florida Baycare Health System, Inc.