Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Calculation: Billing Rate by Job Role

Level 2
I put this in general but realize it belongs in the reporting forum, though I did not see a way to move a thread so I'm reposting here: My company does not attach billing rates to job roles. We did when we first got Workfront, but we switched to using "Bill" tasks with Cap or Fixed Amount on them, where we input the total revenue minus billable expenses, then attach those tasks + expenses to a billing record. I wasn't as involved at the time so I don't know why we ended up with this process vs. billing rates, but it seems to work as-is so why change it? Except one of our directors is asking to see billing rates by job role, so we're trying to figure out how to provide that without changing our whole billing process (and also so we can provide that info for already completed projects). I've created an expression for figuring out the total billing rate on completed projects valueexpression=DIV({actualRevenue}/{actualWorkRequired}*60) and the community had a formula for the following, which we tweaked to use project:actualRevenue instead: displayname=Your Rate namekey=hour.plural querysort=hours textmode=true valueexpression=DIV({project}.{actualRevenue},{hours}) valueformat=currencyStringCurrency I think the above from the community is the key, but in an hours list/report it is only for each individual hour entry. We are looking for a formula that gives us the total logged hours BY JOB ROLE, divided by the project's actual revenue. I feel like it is just out of my reach. Any thoughts? Thanks! Sarah Maltas Merrick Towle Creative
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies