Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Calculating totals of numerical custom fields in report

Level 2
Hi WF community! I've been using WF about 3 months, I've just completed my System Admin Bootcamp but am very much a beginner when it comes to the system, so please excuse my lack of knowledge. I'm looking to calculate the total of a couple of numerical fields in a report I am building (my first real one in fact) and I would also like to have the shared total of both these fields. Can anyone advise ? Thanks in advance. Nikki Angel Burrows
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 7
Hi Nikki, For your first question, when you add your custom field to a report, you should see under Column Settings, the ability to Sum the column. Select Sum and now your custom field column will be totaled, but remember to add a Grouping to your report for the aggregate totals to render. For your second question, let's say your first custom field is called "ABC" and your second custom field is called "XYZ". To get a combined total for these two fields, you would add another column to your report, Switch to Text Mode, and add in the following: displayname=Name the Column Whatever You Want valueexpression= SUM({DE:ABC},{DE:XYZ}) valueformat=customNumberAsString (The DE: in this case is letting Workfront know that this is a custom field vs an out-of-the-box field.) The above will give you the combined total for the two fields. Alternatively, you could create a calculated field on a custom form to get this combined number, and then pull in that field onto reports. Hang in there with reporting…there are lots of good articles on Workfront Support and training videos/session in Workfront Ascent. I recommend taking the reporting classes, and if you get stuck on anything, there are many people in the Community that are ready to lend a hand and help out when needed to figure things out. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 5
And if those options aren't available check that your fields are of type number or currency. If there is any data in those fields you won't be able to change the type. Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront

Level 2
Thank you for your reply, absolutely perfect and have got this working now. Nikki Angel Burrows

Level 2
Had done this on one of my fields so thank you for the tip,. saved me scratching my head to figure this out. Nikki Angel Burrows

Level 5
All tips I give in this forum are the result of many years of making mistakes and head scratching. Also the result of many people helping me along the way. At Workfront one or our company values is Win Together. Individuals win occasionally, teams win consistently. To me this is the best reason for these forums, user groups, and Leap! Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront