Expand my Community achievements bar.

Calculated Custom Field using $$NOW

Community Advisor
I'm trying to capture date and time in a calculated custom form, as it describes here: https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Understanding-Common-Uses-of-Text-Mode-37391990#calculate... Was able to copy the example in that Help section almost exactly. I'm trying to get the date/time that a task went into a particular status. But all I'm getting when I use $$NOW is the date, no time. My next step will be to try to create a calculated column in a report that gives me the difference between two statuses, but if the status started at 12:00pm and went to the next status at 4:00pm that same day, I'm going to want my new column to serve up .5 days, not 0 days because the date is the same. Anyone know what I should use instead of $$NOW to get both date and time? The description on this help page indicates $$NOW should give both time and date stamp.
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Heather, The $$NOW should work and have the time (Fig. 1). When you say " But all I'm getting when I use $$NOW is the date, no time." What do you mean? Are you trying to place the $$NOW into a field? In which case the field itself would need to have that Time format turned on under Advanced Options (Fig. 2). Not sure if that helps, but... Fig. 1 Fig. 2

Community Advisor
Thank you Vic! I was hoping I had missed something as simple as that. It was actually back in my setup of the field, I had skipped over the Format option - not the first time I've missed that!