Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Bulk Editing Template Constraints on Projects

Level 7
HELP!? this will be interesting to get feedback on and it's urgent. when we created templates, we may have set ourselves up for failure on some projects because we were not careful enough with task durations and time constraints of planned vs actual etc etc.....that said, we now have a particular group of projects with erroneous status of being "late" I have moved this group into it's own portfolio in hopes I can clear out that status in a bulk edit....is there a way to do that? rather not have to manipulate hundreds of jobs to create a more accurate and realistic report.... thank for any suggestions!!! Tegwyn Stockdale Baycare Health System, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 3
Hi Tegwyn, So do you want to change the constraint to "as soon as possible" via bulk? I know how to do that in a template level and project level, but not sure if you can do multiple projects at once. In both template and project you would check off all the boxes to the left of the tasks > click "edit" > then scroll down until you see "task constraint". On the drop down choose "as soon as possible" and as long as predecessors are set it should bring the dates down to a current level. As far as many projects at once I am not sure. Is this what you are looking for? thank you Mike Mike Marando Excelsior College

Level 10
Hi Tegwyn, Assuming you've (already) corrected the offending Template, I invite you to consider our "http://store.atappstore.com/product/sync-template/">Sync Template solution, which synchronizes Workfront Template changes to their Projects (rather than you having to do so manually, one Project at a time). Regards, Doug