Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Bugs being marked 'Solved' by Support when Development have declined to fix it due to it not being a priority

Level 10
Hi - quick grumble if I may. This isn't the first time that I have encountered this, though it is the first time for a while. I have had a Support ticket open since March regarding a bug where Workfront incorrectly reports that a project owner volunteered to work on a task and committed to have it done by a certain date, however all they actually did was un-assign a resource from that task. I spent a lot of time working with Support on testing and collecting evidence (screenshots, videos etc) and then received regular updates from Support that it was with Development to be fixed. I've now been told 4 months later that " Development has indicated that this is not an issue that will be fixed with the current resources available. However, the Product Management team has indicated that this is an issue that may be fixed in a future release." The final ignominy is that my Support ticket has been marked "SOLVED" and closed with no chance to reply. As we say in Australia......not....happy....Jan!!! (other Aussies will get that reference to a classic ad by one of our telco's). :) Grumble over.
11 Replies

Level 10
David This has been their practice for many years. Another thing they’ll do is close my bug ticket claiming it is “working as designed”, when their fundamental design is terribly flawed. Having been a Product Manager (albeit years ago), I consider “it is working as designed” as the pinnacle of hubris and arrogance in a product manager. I will say that WorkFront has gotten much better about these things since we first met in 2013. Also, I work with Heather Clements for support and she doesn’t stop when someone says “working as designed”. Her persistence makes all the difference and frankly makes us one happy customer. Eric

Level 8
I will join in on this as it seems especially relevant for the last month. Support has asked me several times to mark the ticket as solved for bugs when they literally just can't find the reason/solution. They haven't actually marked it as "solved" themselves yet. Usually, it comes to down to me basically arguing with them that it is not "solved" so I'm not marketing it as such. Then nothing for a few days or week. And then an update comes through again (sometimes from a different support person) asking for me again to mark as "solved." Maybe I'm just being stubborn -- but I don't want to check a box that says something is solved when the reality is that they've just given up on it.

Level 10
Hi: WorkFront used to do that to me too. When they assigned Heather as my ASE, that silliness ended. Talk to your ASE. Thanks! Eric

Level 10
I've asked my Workfront rep to see if Support could please create an "unresolved" tag for closing out their support tickets with--or at the very least, add "Unresolved" to the name of the ticket. I would guess that the support desk is probably assigned tickets/person and metrics are based on how many they close, so I would also guess they have no particular motivation to keep a ticket open. I would personally use the "unresolved" tag to find recurring problems that they keep closing, that I have to keep reopening tickets for (e.g. network issues, proof generation issues). And I agree, one of my pet "support" peeves is when they try and close something just because they can't replicate it or don't have a solution.

Level 5
Matt We recently experienced that same issue; set to Closed as their evidence suggests it was not a bug nor a flaw in their system but more so "someone" from our side did something to cause the issue. They could not provide data logs due to the issue being tied to the Resource Estimates flash tool. We attempted to escalate, but to no avail. We were left with major manual work to correct the errors and a message stating "this is the first time we've seen something like this, so I very strongly feel like this isn't something you won't see again in the future. Especially since we are reworking the area and how it functions altogether. However, I completely understand the concern and want to assure you that if it does happen again, we can open a follow up ticket with the information we've discussed." I have consider posting our issue to the Community to see if it really is new and just us.

Level 8
So tangential but also about Support - we often get a fake answer, basically a round about way of saying "we don't actually know why it's doing that but here's something we found in a Help article" and then ask if that solves our issue. Also, and this has happened to me a few times, a Support person will respond to my ticket and say they're working on it, then disappear or let me know that they'll be away for a few days and my ticket just sits there. I've had tickets that were submitted with an Urgent priority just hang out in the Inter Webs for a week or so because the person working on it was out which is extremely frustrating.

Level 10
OK - there's several key common concerns raised which hopefully Workfront Support can take on board. I strongly agree that they need to create a new 'Unresolved' status to put issues to in the case that no conclusion was reached. I also like Skye's suggestion of marking something as recurring...likely should be an additional check box. This would be very helpful for us admins, but surely also for Workfront management to track down and focus on the recurring issues. Lest this seem like just a 'Support-bashing' thread, I do have to say that on the whole I am very happy with Workfront Support. They do a better job than most I have encountered and by its nature it is not an easy job. However hopefully they can act on this feedback to improve further. David Cornwell

Level 10
Do we have to make this an idea in the idea exchange too or can someone just talk to Support about it? Either way, I vote "yes."

Level 10
As this isn't a Workfront feature request I don't think it should go in the Idea Exchange and get buried.....hopefully Nate or one of the Workfront people can take this on board and get it under way? Pretty please?!?