Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Breadcrumbs for Tasks

Level 10
Hey Everyone, Hope you are well. I have a user that has a project plan with a lot of repetitive tasks, but for different locations and sub locations. So their project plans goes a few levels deep as far as indentation. As such, when they open a Task, the breadcrumb at the top shows the next level up, but they're hoping to see one or two more levels above that. I don't see a way around that. But I told them I would ask the community to see if anyone has solved this problem somehow. Vic Alejandro MPM, PMP, CSM Denver Board of Water Commissioners
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Vic, I can imagine creating a two calculated custom parameters (Parent and Grand Parent) that each resolve to a link that would jump up (one or two tasks, respectively), but they would only be useful on a task view, not in the UI breadcrumb location you've highlighted. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 3
A couple of thoughts. Breadcrumbs only give one parent up. If he shortened the task name, it may help see the pertinent parent information. Also, the task naming structure could contain some hierarchy information. Other option would be to customize the task landing page with a dashboard that would give you a report for the hierarchy as the first tab. No really elegant solutions, but just some thoughts. Dale Whitchurch Arthrex Inc

Level 10
Thanks guys. Yeah I mentioned the renaming to them, but they didn't seem to like that idea. I didn't really think there would be an elegant solution to this and frankly I don't find it that big of a deal. But I told them I would double check with the big brains in the community. Thanks!