Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

audit log - does it work?

Level 10
I've just looked at the new audit log because I actually needed to investigate an account. I just noticed though, there's no export button so while I probably can sort/resort and filter, there are times I'd rather put this on excel. I'm sure there are some stats that I could use with it. I'm not sure if it's just my instance but the paginator at the bottom of the audit log does not seem to work. It says 1-100 of 23423424 logs (or some large number) and yet when I click on the >, the next page does not give me data. Am I seeing this right? Polly Co
8 Replies

Level 8
I have the same problem. I go to page 2, and it says There is no data to display:

Level 1
Change Showing to include all your actions and it will work. Mohab Amer Spinrite

Level 10
No, it does not - for me anyway. When you go into audit log, it already defaults to all action and you can't actually page through initially (wait 2 seconds) before the 1-100 of xxxxxxxxx logs <> show up. Then if you click > , you get " There is no data to display. " Polly Co

Level 2
@Polly Co , @Adina Pierce , thanks for initiating this conversation. Please be aware our Development team is already working on fixing this issue, and the issue fix should be available in Workfront Production environments latest with the next product patch on Thu, Sep 13. In the meantime, we can suggest you to follow these steps to view as many logs as possible: use audit log filters show 500 logs per page I would also like to take the opportunity and ask you some questions about the way you are you going to use Workfront Audit Logs: What is the main reason behind the need to export audit logs (e.g. you need to share logs with people who do not possess a Workfront license)? How often will audit logs be exported once there is an Export functionality? How long are logs expected to be available in the system before they get automatically deleted/archived (e.g. 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, etc.)? Which log types are going to be tracked on a regular basis, and are there log types that actually provide no value? Many thanks ! Mariam Paronyan, PMP Product Manager Workfront

Level 10
@Mariam Paronyan , thanks for looking into this. What is the main reason behind the need to export audit logs (e.g. you need to share logs with people who do not possess a Workfront license)? The reason why I'm asking for export is I can see myself taking stats for those types of things. Also, in a way, those without admin license cannot see this functionaility so yes, I should be able to show people who don't have admin licenses these things. How often will audit logs be exported once there is an Export functionality? I expect it to be like reports that you can export at will. How long are logs expected to be available in the system before they get automatically deleted/archived (e.g. 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, etc.)? Ideally, it should be ongoing but I can see where you are going, logs do take a lot of space so ideally, I think a year would be sufficient. If you let us know that it's only a year then it will give me a chance to take a snapshot/export of the logs yearly to put in place somewhere for year after year reports. Which log types are going to be tracked on a regular basis, and are there log types that actually provide no value? I'm not too sure about this as there are some Action Type that has no entries from our instance yet. I am finding all action types to be valuable now, specially, failed log in as I want to know what's causing this issue for our users. The other ones that actually made me look into the audit log is Change, Create, Delete. I can see the value of login and logout for stats. Polly Co

Level 2
Thanks for the answers, @Polly Co ! I may reach out to you later for digging deeper into some of your answers and use cases. Mariam Paronyan, PMP Product Manager Workfront

Level 10
@Adina Pierce , they've fixed this issue on our instance, not sure if they've fixed it for everybody. Regards. Polly Co

Level 2
Please be aware this issue has been fixed for all customers. Thanks for your understanding and patience! Mariam Paronyan, PMP Product Manager Workfront