Expand my Community achievements bar.

Assigned Date on a report

Level 2
I am building a lifecycle report of Issues. I have Entry Date, Actual Start Date and Actual Completion date. I can't find the date an Issue was assigned Also, can I add calculated fields to reports? Example: Assigned Date - Entry Date = Days to Assign (calculated) Detrie
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
Hi there, you inspired me to do something that I think others in my org will absolutely love. This only works for new issues going forward. I'd put calculations on the issues instead of doing this on the reports. The reason being, you can't capture when the issue was assigned on the report, you have to capture this on the issue when the activity occurs and then "lock" it so that it is stable. Then, in another field, calculate the date variance between the assigned to date and the entry date. What you get is data on each issue you have this form on (suggest adding it to EVERY issue in your instance). Date Assigned IF(ISBLANK({Date Assigned}), IF(ISBLANK(Assigned To ID),"",DATE($$NOW)), {Date Assigned} ) Date Entry to Assigned Week Date Variance IF(ISBLANK(Date Assigned),"",WEEKDAYDIFF(Entry Date,Date Assigned)) Here's what it looks like on the form. Good luck, let us know how it goes! Any suggestions on improvements are encouraged. Narayan

Level 1

Hi! - I really love calculating the ability to capture a timestamp when a task gets assigned. However, I noticed that this only applies the time when the field was added to the custom form.  Is there a way we can pull this information if something was assigned prior to this new field getting added to the form?

Level 2
Thanks for the reply and please forgive the (noob) follow up question You are suggesting adding the two fields to each custom form I want to track, correct? I assume I can hide them from view but still have the availability on the report? Thanks Detrie

Level 10
Well, that's up to you if you want to add these fields to each form you want to track. What we've done is created a "Workfront | Management | Issue" custom form that we attach to every issue in our instance. This form contains a collection of "general use" calculations. By doing this, we can adjust the form with an understanding that whatever we add will be applied to every existing issue in our instance. In either case, you can add a section header to the calculations and set the permissions on the section header to... In order to view, Contribute, In order to Edit, Admin. Hope this helps!

Level 2
Got it.. Thanks Also, love the tip about creating a header.. That was a concern Detrie