Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Approval notifications

Level 3
We have an approval process for projects where one step has two potential approvers - we only need a decision from one of them, and then the project will move to the next stage. I've been asked if there is a notification I can turn on to let them know if the other person has approved the project, so that they know their approval is no longer required - at the moment, they can't tell without going through to the project. I don't think there is a native notification that does this, unless I'm missing something? Could it be done with the API? Stephanie Mulrooney Tomorrow People
3 Replies

Level 10
I think you're correct. I don't see a notification setting for this either and we've witnessed the same behavior. And yes anything can be done via the API �� . I think this particular scenario might be difficult to code, but not impossible. We're actually in the process of coding an email notification for Approvers in certain situations. My boss does the coding and he struggled to find the Approvers individual ID's, but ultimately was able to do it (though I haven't tested it yet �� ).

Level 10
Depending on whether you can have a developer to write the correct code for you, this is the API code to cancel the approval once conditions are met. "docapl/docaplidfromfirstAPI?updates={"status":"CANCELLED"}&method=PUT"> docapl/docaplidfromfirstAPI?updates={"status":"CANCELLED"}&method=PUT Here's also the thread I posted a few days back to work on cancelling approvals. You might be able to pick up some information there. "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=151&MessageKey=b0715413-ebb1-4d65-8002-18e58829d37f&CommunityKey=aaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fdiscussions%2fcommunity-home%2fdigestviewer%3fcommunitykey%3daaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567%26tab%3ddigestviewer">mass cancel or removing approvers from document approvals Polly Co

Level 10
Thank you! I'm going to tuck this away as a I can see us doing something like this as well. Thanks.