Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Anyone run into problems sending notifications?

Level 5
Hit a big glitch today. I created a notification a week or so ago regarding tomorrows release. Saved it as a draft with nobody on the to line to prevent it from accidently being sent. Picked it up today and rewrote some of the text. Then added EVERYONE on the to line and hit send. The system sent the email notifications to everyone, but didnt file the item so when they clicked the link to see the details there was NOTHING in the notifications. I resent it with a completely new message (including an apology for the additional spam) without going through the drafts and it worked properly. Anyone else run into oddities with the drafts in notifications? Workfront support hasnt seent this before.We're trying to figure out what exactly happened.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 2
A few weeks ago we ran into a problem where directed updates were being reflected in the notification feed but were not coming through Outlook. We worked with the help desk and our IT staff. The best we could uncover was a problem with Office 365 that day so I chalked it up as an anomoly. Sorry I don't have an answer for you but it does appear that there might be a notification glitch somewhere in the system that has reared its ugly head this month. Then last week, directed updates were not coming through in the notification feed or in Outlook. I again called the Help Desk and they were going to check the email logs. I have yet to hear back, even after a followup. This one doesn't sound like an Office 365 issue to me since it wasn't hitting WF notification feed either.

Level 10
Hi: We don’t use notifications. People want to read the entire notification in their email - not the first 150 characters or whatever. They don’t want to click a link and work through WorkFront to see the notification. Sorry, that’s no help to you. All I can suggest is stay close to WorkFront Tech Support and make sure they know this is a problem. If problems are intermittent, they seem eager to close the ticket and ignore it. If they can’t replicate it when they want, nothing happens. If a problem is intermittent, it doesn’t mean there isn’t a problem, it just means we haven’t figured out what triggers the problem. I’m not sure Tech Support pays much attention to problems they can’t instantly control. Oh well. Best wishes. Thanks, Eric

Level 10
thanks for the rant, Eric---I said as much to our rep, and suggested that instead of calling those tickets "resolved" they create another status called "couldn't replicate issue". i.e. They didn't fix my issue because they never found it. In this way, helpdesk reports can easily pick up what was truly fixed as opposed to what was never found.

Level 4
Amy - we are also experiencing this issue and it's with Workfront support but they have not been able to resolve it for us.

Level 9
Eric and Skye, With regards to your rant, I've sent on your feedback to the managers of the Customer Support team. I believe it was well-received. I hope that it leads to a better process for everyone. Just wanted you to know. In Reply to Skye Boardman:
thanks for the rant, Eric---I said as much to our rep, and suggested that instead of calling those tickets "resolved" they create another status called "couldn't replicate issue". i.e. They didn't fix my issue because they never found it. In this way, helpdesk reports can easily pick up what was truly fixed as opposed to what was never found.
-Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at: natebagley@workfront.com