Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Agile Story Board infinite scroll interferes with in-page text search

Level 1
When viewing an agile team Story Board, it's hard to quickly find something, so I typically use browser in-page text search to auto-scroll to where the text is. Very quick for meetings or standups to make a point. With the recent update, there's an infinite scroll buffer implemented for at least the story board. This means just the top of the page is fetched and displayed at first, and the rest of the page is only fetched and displayed when you scroll to the bottom. For really long pages this makes perfect sense. For a fixed size iteration story board it doesn't make much sense. When I try to browser search for text I know is in one of the later cards, it simply doesn't find it because it's not fetched yet. I have to scroll to the bottom to force it to fetch some more, then browser text search again. If not found, scroll to the bottom, rinse and repeat. Very painful. My suggest is to disable infinite scroll for the story board view since it's not that long anyway. If infinite scroll must remain, then give it a much larger buffer size so most iterations are all fetched the first time. Michael Beynon Simspace Corporation
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 3
I couldn't agree more. Have you submitted a support request on this or to the Idea Exchange? This is really slowing us down both from the team side during daily check-in meeting Kanban walk-throughs as well as from the project manager side. It's particularly challenging since we can't reorder cards in a column, we now have to do a visual scan of 20-some cards -- not very efficient. Michelle Yard Manager, Marketing Operations Insperity Houston, Texas

Level 1
I just submitted a support ticket for this as a functionality loss with the latest update. Michael Beynon Simspace Corporation

Level 10
In the meantime there is a workaround, if you wish. You probably know this already, but just in case – if you select the name of the Iteration it opens a List view. I don't believe this list view has the same problem with the delayed display. At least it doesn't for me (but my Iterations aren't as long as yours – I'm the only one working this Backlog so there aren't a ton of tasks in there). But I thought it might save some heartburn until WF can resolve this. Hope that helps.