Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Aggreage (MAX) of a date using a valueexpression with an IF statement to select dates

Level 5

I want to get a column in a task report that puts the MAX date in when the task meets a criteria.  Ultimately I want a series of columns that grab the date off of a different task. I was trying a basic example but I never seem to get a date appearing in my aggregate…See simple example below

aggregator.displayformat=atDate

aggregator.function=MAX

aggregator.namekey=entryDate

aggregator.valueexpression=IF({wbs}=1,{entryDate})

aggregator.valueformat=atDate

displayname=

linkedname=direct

namekey=entryDate

querysort=entryDate

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF({wbs}=1,{entryDate})

valueformat=atDate

GrahamJarrett_0-1684865912976.jpeg

I am sure you used to be able to do this but it does not like it now. The aggregator on the regular column gets the "Whoops something went wrong" message.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @GrahamJarrett,

When I tried to switch what you've provided back to standard mode, I noticed this warning: 

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1684870670702.png

Changing .valueexpression to .valuefield then (no surprise) did not recognize the formula, so instead, I deleted all the textmode, switched to standard mode, selected Entry Date, then on the Advanced options, chose "Max", which resulted as (sorted desc) follows:

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_1-1684870922133.png

So...closer; but whether an aggregator is (still) smart enough to also handle an IF statement remains to be seen (and something I don't recall doing, myself).

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @GrahamJarrett,

When I tried to switch what you've provided back to standard mode, I noticed this warning: 

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1684870670702.png

Changing .valueexpression to .valuefield then (no surprise) did not recognize the formula, so instead, I deleted all the textmode, switched to standard mode, selected Entry Date, then on the Advanced options, chose "Max", which resulted as (sorted desc) follows:

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_1-1684870922133.png

So...closer; but whether an aggregator is (still) smart enough to also handle an IF statement remains to be seen (and something I don't recall doing, myself).

Regards,

Doug

Thanks Doug, yes my other column highlighted showed exactly the same potential... but not there in the IF statement.