Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Advanced Reporting: Predecessor Progress Status on an Assignment Report

Level 5
Thanks to the community, I was able to determine how to capture Predecessor Progress Status on a Task report: listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(predecessors).lists name=Predecessor Status shortview=false stretch=0 textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=predecessor:progressStatus valueformat=HTML width=90 When I copied this over to an Assignment Report, I tried what I thought was the correct update, but to avail. The column returns blank. listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(predecessors).lists name=Predecessor Status shortview=false stretch=100 textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=task:predecessor:progressStatus valueformat=HTML width=90 Any assistance with correcting my textmode would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 10
Hi Tracy, I took a (long) shot at this, but wasn't able to deduce a syntax that would go "up" to the Task from the Assignment and then enumerate "down" to the Predecessors collection. Perhaps that type of up/down request is not supported...but it's also quite possible that there is some combination that I didn't try that did work. Below, I've listed seven ways to NOT invent a light bulb; perhaps sharing my pattern will give someone else a bright idea. Regards, Doug ================================== listmethod= nested(task:predecessors:predecessor).lists name= nested(task:predecessors:predecessor).lists type=iterate valuefield= progressStatus valueformat=HTML listdelimiter= < br > listmethod= nested(task:predecessors).lists name= nested(task:predecessors).lists type=iterate valuefield= predecessor:progressStatus valueformat=HTML listdelimiter=< br > listmethod= task:nested(predecessors).lists name= task:nested(predecessors).lists type=iterate valuefield= predecessor:progressStatus valueformat=HTML listdelimiter=< br > listmethod= task:nested(predecessors).lists name= task:nested(predecessors).lists type=iterate valuefield= predecessor:progressStatus valueformat=HTML listdelimiter=< br > listmethod= nested(predecessors).lists name= nested(predecessors) type=iterate valuefield= task:predecessors:predecessor:progressStatus valueformat=HTML listdelimiter=< br > listmethod= nested(task:predecessors).lists name= nested(task:predecessors).lists type=iterate valueexpression= {predecessor}.{progressStatus} valueformat=HTML listdelimiter=< br > listmethod= nested({task}.{predecessors}).lists name= nested(task:predecessors:predecessor).lists type=iterate valuefield= predecessor:progressStatus valueformat=HTML listdelimiter=< br > Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 5
I appreciate the effort Doug! Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation

Level 10
Hi Tracy, Unfortunately there is no collection functionality for the assignment object type. Collections are kind of like a "move down" the hierarchy function, and there is nothing underneath an assignment object. Or at least, that is what I was told several years ago when we asked for something similar. Thanks, Anthony Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 4
listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(task.predecessors).lists name=Predecessor Status shortview=false stretch=100 textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=progressStatus valueformat=HTML width=90 I spend way too much time moving up and down collections :) -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com Helpful? Buy me a coffee: https://www.patreon.com/mlayten - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 10
Thanks Melinda -- we got it! Although your's didn't render for me, I stole your "." instead of my ":" and used my valueexpression, which then rendered as attached. Here's the textmode for the final joint-effort winner, Tracy -- enjoy! Regards, Doug ---------------------- listdelimiter= listmethod= nested(task.predecessors).lists name= Melinda's nested(task.predecessors).lists with Doug's valueexpression={predecessor}.{progressStatus} type=iterate value expression={predecessor}.{progressStatus} valueformat=HTML Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 5
Fantastic! Thank you so much to both of you!! I love this Community and you have gotten me one step closer to figuring out our KPI reports!! Hold tight i might be back for more expertise LOL Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation

Level 4
Thanks Doug. I was just editing and not testing. The . within the collection has worked well for me in the past. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: "tel:(484)%20505-6855" value="+18014720979" (484) 505-6855 site: "http://www.capabilitysource.com/" www.capabilitysource.com email: "mailto:melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com" melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 5
And a further thanks...given the logic you helped me understand I was also able to successfully add a column for Predecessor Assignees: displayname=Predecessor Assignees listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(task.predecessors).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=CONCAT({predecessor}.{assignedTo}.{name}) valueformat=HTML A tremendous thanks again! Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation

Level 10
Awesome, Tracy – you're off and running! It's my pleasure to help, and glad that I now understand it better, too. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Grow my text mode library has!