Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Adding a Task object Field to Project report

Level 1
I would like to add a task object (Column/fields) to a project report. This reporting's intended audience in upper management and I would like to minimize the number of report and information a report The task object to be included it eh milestone name form a milestone path previously assigned in the project plan. Either the last milestone completed or the next milestone in the project plan would be reported. Any assistance would be helpful Thank you Paul Vavruska Baxter Healthcare Ltd
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 8
Dear Paul, I don't believe you can automatically show only one milestone. A few options you could use in isolation or together would still reduce the number of milestones on the report. Automatically reduce the number of milestones (but may still be more than one) 1) You're already filtering the report to tasks that have a milestone ID (or milestone name or milestone sequence) 2) You could further filter to exclude 'completed' milestones 3) You could further restrict to a date range - say in the next month (or 2 or 3). You could run of either projected or planned (or either). Manually reduce the number of milestones to one Depending on the number of projects and the number of staff managing reports for senior management, the alternative report would be to add a custom 'yes/no' field to the task item (defaulting to 'no'). The project office staff could have a view or report they run that shows all milestones for all projects, and the project office changes to 'yes' any milestones they want in the senior management report. If they know/trust the PM's, this could even be delegated to the PM's with the project office checking and contacting PM's who've got it wrong. The senior management report has a filter to only show milestone tasks when the custom field is set to 'yes'. Barry Buchanan Work Management Australia