Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Add column to report on who closed out task?

Level 1
I'd like to add a column to my report that lets me know who closed out a task, is this possible? I know this info is in the history of the task, but I want to see it in my report. (NOTE: I can't assume that the person who last made an update to the task nor that the person who is assigned to the task is the person who marked the task complete). Thanks in advance for any help! Dalia Dalia T. WebMD
7 Replies

Level 10
Hi Dalia, Perhaps you could add a custom calculated parameter to the tasks that captures the person who set the task to closed (eg IF(Status='CLS','Last Updated By.Name,'')...conceptually). Regards, Doug

Level 7
Hi Dalia, Doug's method should work great. Alternatively, you could create a note report, add a filter for audit text - contains - closed, task status - equals - closed (I can't recall off the top of my head if the note report lets you select status equates with, but that would be best), and then have a column that shows audit text, note owner, and probably just note text. I'd have to play around to get it to work, but that should get you started. If you find you need a bit more help, please call into our customer care team so we can get a support ticket created and handled for you. Thanks! Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 2
Hello, New to WorkFront! Has anyone found a way to find a report that shows who completed a task? We are running into issues of people signing off other peoples tasks to keep the project going. Trying to figure out who is signing off tasks that are not theirs. Thank you, Marisa Marisa Smarsh UPMC Health Plan Inc

Level 10
Hi Marisa, In most such cases, the person who closed the Task will (still) be shown in the Last Updated By field, which you can add to a view to start the conversation with that person. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 2
Thank you Doug! So I have that field pulled into my Task report, but its showing up blank - any thoughts as to why? It is a text mode and below is what I have. displayname=Update by: linkedname=lastNote namekey=view.relatedcolumn namekeyargkey.0=lastNote namekeyargkey.1=ownerID querysort=lastNote:ownerID textmode=true valuefield=lastNote:owner:name valueformat=HTML Thank you so much! Marisa Marisa Smarsh UPMC Health Plan Inc

Level 10
Haha I do that all the time because it drives me crazy when there's one random task open on an otherwise finished project. I hope nobody else figures out how to view this �� Jill Ackerman

Level 10
Hi Marissa, When I added a column to a Task view from the Last Updated By > Name field (where I think you might have selected the Last Note > Owner, which is an optional field that only kicks in when a user makes a comment, vs an Edit), it worked as I expected. Here's the text mode, for reference: displayname=Last Updated By linkedname=lastUpdatedBy namekey=view.relatedcolumn namekeyargkey.0=lastUpdatedBy namekeyargkey.1=name querysort=lastUpdatedBy:name valuefield=lastUpdatedBy:name valueformat=HTML Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads