Expand my Community achievements bar.

Actual Hours in a Report

Level 4
I'm trying to create a Report showing Actual hours worked on a Task that has 10 Sub-Tasks. The parent Task has no hours entered, everything needs to be totaled up from the Sub-Tasks. All the times I tried I got no hours for the parent task. I only want to show the parent Task in my report because that Task has a custom variable for a charge number that I can bill to, so I need a total for those billable hours. Is there a way to make those hours total up and show in a report? Thanks, Aaron Godwin Gentex
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10
Hi @Aaron Godwin Do you need just the total number of actual hours rolled up at the parent level? If so, just add a filter for number of children greater than 0. This will exclude all the child tasks but will still show the rolled-up totals at the parent task levels. If you need to see the individual hour records, then you can run an hour report and also filter it down (this time with number of children equals 0). The complication is that you will need to get into text mode to group it by the parent task (pretty sure that is possible). Lastly you also need your custom field contents from the parent task to be concatenated with the parent task name. I think this is also possible but don't have time to play with it right now. If you need to explore the hours report, let everyone know and they can jump in with ideas. Regards, David Cornwell