Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Accidentally pressing approve/reject

Level 10
Does there exist an 'Undo' button for when someone accidentally approves (or rejects) an approval stage? Jamie Hill JLL
4 Replies

Level 10
No. Someone has to go change the status of the project or task back to something else, then back to the something-pending review status to restart the whole approval workflow. There is no going back in increments, you have to go back to restart the whole workflow. Sorry. Eric

Level 9
Eric is typical fashion is correct ;-) And in my opinion so is Workfront - I'm not sure I would want it to be too changeable once in flight. Harsh - maybe yes, but the tool keeps everyone "honest" JohnSeitz ESPN

Level 3
This has come up in our use of Workfront several times. And it was because the screen would "shift" as the user was about to click on the "Approved" button. Some of our users only need to log in to approve a project. So it's a quick log in just to click on a button. Because they're trying to be fast, they log in and click what they see as the "Approved" button. But at the last moment, as the screen is still populating all of the items to view, the "Reject" button would shift over and fill the spot where the "Approved" button had just been a second ago. In doing so, they click on the Reject button instead of the Approved button. I then need to tell them how to resolve their new issue or, if it's early in the approval process, we just resubmit it for Approved-Pending Approval. We found this to happen when a particular user rejected her own project. She'd been lobbying for this project and was happy it was finally under the approval process. And because she was so quick to approve it, she didn't give the screen enough time to populate everything and the reject button took the place of the approval button. It was too late when she saw it. Dave Rulon Savannah, GA

Level 10
Oh boy, that must be frustrating.... Eric