Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Access to issues

Level 10
Oh I need help before I smash my computer. Access levels are so confusing. I have several users who are not in our company and are called "Requesters-External" --they have access only to Requests they make and any proofs they need to review. They have no layout template. When I login as them they can't see anything in appropriate including when I click "all requests" nothing shows up. Now I have a new guy. I think I've set him up exactly as the others, except I need for him to see a custom calendar. I created it, put it on a dashboard, tried to limit everything else, and it all seems good except in "All Requests" he can see every request in the queue across the company. So then, I removed the layout template from being shared with him. The calendar has disappeared but he can still see All Requests. What oh what am I doing wrong? He should not see All Requests, only his own requests. Where should I be looking? What am I doing wrong??! Jill Ackerman
6 Replies

Level 5
Hi Jill, I've recently encountered the opposite issue - where new objects (Programs, Projects, etc) were not visible - but I wonder if its the same fix. I am guessing you are over-sharing by default. I'd recommend checking the Sharing of your Portfolios. If you have them shared with the entire Company, then all users would have the ability to see all of the elements associated with those Portfolios. (Programs, Projects, etc will inherit the Portfolio's Sharing settings). The way I would solve it is to create a Group (Setup>Group) and then ensure that you Share Portfolios with only the appropriate Group(s). Hope that makes any sense. Brian PS: I would Brian C. Mauger Bloomberg L.P.

Level 3
Jill, If you used the same access level for the new guy as the others, he seems to be inheriting this access from something else. Check to see what teams or groups he is in, and what teams or groups have the Request Queue project shared with them. You have probably done all that, but that's where I'd start. If everything truly is the same, and he still has access, I would remove this account, then "clone" one of the users who has the proper access to create his account. (People > select the person to be copied > Dropdown next to "New Person" > New from selected person. Good luck! Wayne Ellyson OH-DAS

Level 10
I spent another hour scouring over this and finally figured it out - I changed his Home Group which changed the access levels and turned off the ability to see all the Issues, but I still wonder where the setting is to control that specific thing, as it's the one difference between two access levels that I have setup for Home Groups (Requesters vs Reviewers). The number of configurations is staggering! Jill Ackerman

Level 2
This might be a work-around fix, but you could create a layout template for him, and on the requests tab, remove the "All Requests" tab. He'll still have access, but he will not see the tab. Hope this helps! Jaime Kluchar Kimberly-Clark Corporation

Level 10
Hi Thanks, I actually did that, but you can't delete the tab, it just goes into "More" and if this guy is nosy I don't want him knowing our business! Being able to delete any tab on a layout template would be the ideal user experience, but alas ...

Level 7
Hey Jill, Could it be the company that they're in? Go to one of the request queues, go to Queue Setup, and you'll see a box called: "People from the same company will inherit the same permissions for all requests." I wonder if that's why that person is seeing all the requests, regardless. Here's what it looks like: https://cl.ly/d50b2e3e031d Just a thought. Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront