Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

2019.1 - release dates?

Level 10
Hi - I can't see the dates for deployment anywhere on the 2019.1 Release Activity Overview page. In a recent announcement it said the update would occur in the week of the 24th of Feb. Are any more accurate dates known yet? Cheers David Cornwell
27 Replies

Level 2
Hello! Please continue to provide feedback on what you like and dislike about the new Workfront Home experience with your support reps (or via the Idea Exchange). We want to make the best possible product for our customers, and that includes continuing to refine Workfront Home into something that a vast majority of our customers want to use. Thanks! Jake Turpin Workfront

Level 9
Overall the feedback to home has been lukewarm - we force-fed the issue because we were told 'My Work' was being depreciated. To that end, overall feedback on Home: - We find the calendar view pretty much useless - unless we physically drag and drop things (extra work) we have no real ability to use it as we aren't integrated with outlook or any other item. Am I missing something? Before, with 'My Work' we at least had a timeline above. - Customization doesn't flow through to the rest of the tool so it's clunky - ex. we can see that we have requests but if you go to the Team Requests screen your customization is pretty limited. I'm not sure why we can't customize any kind of sort or grouping here - that would at least be helpful in some way. Maybe I am missing something. - We're still seeing the missing text for approvals unless the user forcibly changes their own zoom to less than 100% - we had to reduce to 80%. Christina Jarosz

Employee
Hi Mike! Thanks for being on top of this! The Trust site will be updated very shortly. Kyna Baker Workfront

Level 6
Attached are the two documents of feedback I have sent along to our CSM that might be helpful (some of it may be slightly outdated now, but the majority still stands) just in case you were curious. Thank you! Brittany Jones Project Manager, Marketing Operations DICK's Sporting Goods

Level 10
Thanks for sharing that list Brittany. We've not yet done anywhere near the level of testing that you have done. The reason is that the existing Home Calendar is a show-stopper because it doesn't show pre-planned work like the My Work Calendar. We have large teams of project managers and resource managers who carefully plan out the work for our resources (often down to an hourly level). The Home Calendar discards all of this information (except for Due Dates) and requires users to re-plan to do the work whenever they feel like it. This fundamentally breaks the system for us and wastes all the time spent by the PMs and RMs. We are not interested in having users doing things "Loosey Goosey" at timings disconnected from when the PMs and RMs have scheduled it and need it to be done. David Cornwell

Level 10
For me, Home just has way too many data points on the screen. It feels like a replication of Outlook rather than a genuinely new way to manage work. Jamie Hill JLL

Level 3
Hi Christina! Thanks for mentioning the approval buttons. Somehow I was the only having the problem so I thought it was just me and have a ticket opened. I added your comment about zooming out and the support person took it to development. They confirmed it's a bug and will work to fix it but it's lower priority due to it being cosmetic. Tina Huang Optum