Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

2018.2 Beta Proofing Viewer Issues

Level 8
2 questions on the proofing viewer: 1) We have been testing the new desktop proofing viewer for interactive proofs and cannot get it to work. We have downloaded and installed the app, but it won't open. It tries, but ultimately says cannot load proof. I have submitted a help desk ticket and when we did a screen share it worked (of course!), but hasn't worked since. Two different people on my team have tested and neither of us can get it to work. Has anyone else had problems? 2) We have tried the Share Link option in the online proofing viewer and it's not working. We're not sure if it's because notifications aren't sent out of Beta or if something is wrong. Has anyone else tested this and did it work? Thanks! Wendy White AmeriCredit Financial Services, Inc. dba GM Financial
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 2
We've run into issues with the desktop viewer not opening for interactive proofs as well. I've downloaded the app and installed properly (it opens fine when selected from the applications folder) and enabled the desktop viewer in settings, but when I open an interactive proof in the preview environment, the desktop viewer option does not come up. Submitted a support ticket last week, but no resolution yet. Tina Craig Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company

Level 7
Hey @Wendy White and @Tina Craig Have you since had any luck with the desktop proofing viewer? We're in the process of trying to get it approved for use at our organization but I haven't yet gotten it to work. Same issues as you've experienced, it just fails to load the proof. Thanks! Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group

Level 8
Hi Barbara, I worked with our cybersecurity team and we had to adjust our firewall settings to allow the desktop viewer to work. Once he tweaked a couple of settings it started working for us. I don't know which settings he changed (we were on the phone for nearly 2 hours trying this and trying that), but we finally found the right combination. Wendy White AmeriCredit Financial Services, Inc. dba GM Financial

Level 7
I see! Thanks for letting me know. If anyone else has insight into this, please share! Workfront? Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group