Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

19.2: Tagging users in Proof

Level 10
This is a complicated set of questions but here goes. 1) "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021502473#tag-any-user-when-commenting" title="https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021502473#tag-any-user-when-commenting">https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021502473#tag-any-user-when-commenting Has anyone been testing the tagging users functionality in sandbox? 2) Did you all find that it was connected to the Contact List in Proof? 3) Is there any connection between this list and your Workfront users list? Ours is contaminated, and I don't know how we ended up with all these guest users. We basically have twice as many users listed as actually exist in our user group in Workfront. 4) Do we know what happens when we deactivate a Workfront user in Workfront? Does it deactivate them in Proof or are people still allowed to tag deactivated users? 5) I guess there's no way to deactivate someone in Proof? Do I just delete them? Does this do anything to the comments they were tagged on or is historical data intact? 6) "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004177187-Managing-Proof-Roles-in-Workfront-Proof" title="https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004177187-Managing-Proof-Roles-in-Workfront-Proof">https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004177187-Managing-Proof-Roles-in-Workfront-Proof So this only works with folks who have edit rights to a proof? So users who are creators and owners are probably going to be super confused for a while and I have to figure out who I want to set as an Author? -skye
7 Replies

Level 7
Hi Skye! Let me see if I can get an answer to each of your bullet points: 1) Yes! I have at least. 2) I found that the user had to be in Workfront in order for me to tag them after the proof has been created. If you're creating the proof and adding someone to the proof, you cannot force require login, but you can add an email address that doesn't exist in your system, and that'll add them to the proof and allow you to tag them in comments after the proof has been created. 3) It does connect to your Workfront list of users, active and inactive. I don't have anyone in my list of proof users that doesn't already exist in my WF instance, so I can't answer this one. :( 4) So... right now you can still tag the deactivated user. I believe this is an oversight, and I'd ask you to submit a support ticket so we can get more visibility on this. 5) You can go to the Proofing side (via the proofing Check Mark next to the global search in Workfront), go to Contacts, and remove a contact from all proofs, or even delete the user. There's not a way to deactivate someone in the Proofing side. Once deleted, they and their comments are gone. 6) I would recommend referring any users with questions on the various roles to the link you provided, that should clear up most confusing parts there. But yes, you do need to have edit rights to be able to change someone else's role on the proof. I hope this info helps! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
Hi Skye - FCB was a pilot for this so we already have this in production (as well as setting actions and resolving). So hoping I can help you with some insights 2 - It is the Contact list in Proof, but all users in Workfront should be in your Proof instance with the User Sync 3 - This is the most annoying part. The unique identifier in Proof is not an ID number like it is in every tool out there. The email address is. So when an employee transfers to a different business unit and gets a new email address, you have them in Proof twice. When I put a ticket into support about this, our ASE was so kind as to go through and remove all the duplicates for us as there were hundreds. You also have to double check your automated templates and.or groups in Proof as well as removing someone from your list doesn't remove them from those so the old email can come back to haunt you 4 - You can deactivate "Users" (people with a proof license) and the User Sync does that, but you cannot deactivate "Guests". However, we have a ticket in with support and they are looking to have a "WF Validation" so that you can't tag someone if they are deactivated in Workfront itself. 5 - We delete them but we also don't care who made the comment (the user's name is erased from the comment), just the comment itself (which is kept when you delete a user). 6 - Not sure what you mean here. People who are just Reviewers or Reviewers and Approvals can tag people in comments. Only the Owner and Creator are Moderators in our system (we prefer Moderator to Author) and everyone else is some type of Reviewer. Let me know if that helps. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
thanks Anthony and Dustin! Anthony, I found yesterday when I was testing that creating a new user and then changing their details in Workfront was mirrored in Proof's Contact List. So when I changed an email address this is now immediately reflected (at least, for guests). I did go through and clean out the old Proof IDs (these were left over from pre-acquisition days). I tried to delete deactivated users, but for a percentage of them I was actually not allowed to do this and will have to go through Workfront's helpdesk (so it made sense for me to just ask if they would consider deleting all my deactivated users, since I'm having to delete them one-by-one to find the ones I specifically don't have permissions to delete) For question 6, my general concern is that a user who is an owner/creator in some proofs and a reviewer/approver in other proofs will experience different experiences in each. However, in general, since our designers are the owner/creator and the PMs handle approvals, I just don't think we're going to be able to make widespread use of the tagging functionality. I haven't been able to confirm that the setting actions/resolving is working (it just doesn't show in my sandbox), but it's good to know it's working somewhere. -skye

Level 6
Hi, @Skye Hansen for action/resolving you should see new extended proofing roles

Level 10
thanks @Andrzej Muca , I appreciate it! Do you know if it is the plan to fix before 19.2 is released? Trying to figure out what to do with all the deactivated accounts we currently list in Contact List. -skye

Level 6
Yes we plan to fix that before or with the release at the latest. Andrzej Muca Workfront

Level 10
thanks so much for the quick response. I'll close my ticket. -skye