Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Event Follow-up] Skill Exchange Aug ‘24: The Proof Positive Way to Enhance your Approval Experience

Employee

If you have a follow-up question from the Skill Exchange session The Proof Positive Way to Enhance your Approval Experience with Monique Evans from Stanley Black & Decker (@MoniqueEvans) that originally aired on August 15, 2024, you’re in the right place!  

Leave your comment below and our speakers will do their best to reply. And if you see a question below that you know the answer to, don’t be shy! We’d love for you to answer from your own experience and perspective.  

Have questions about another Skill Exchange session? You can see the full list of discussion threads here. 

On-Demand Viewing - If you registered for the Skill Exchange, you will receive a follow-up email in the next week with a link to the on-demand session recordings. If you did not register for the event, have no fear, we'll be posting all the videos on Experience League in the next month. We’ll update this post when they're ready! 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

9 Replies

Level 10

I have found one of my pain points regarding proofs is cleaning up old Proofs that have been abandoned. I've not a found a way to withdraw the approval request short of deleting the file or logging in as the Proof requestor and doing it one by one. It would be great if there were a way to do it in bulk. How do all of you deal with it?

Community Advisor

When I manually edit these I do it as myself and change the role to "Read Only." Since we can't do it in bulk, I'm building a Fusion scenario to find Pending Approvals on Documents where the Project is Complete or Dead and change the pending role to "Read Only"

Maybe if we all ask nicely enough @ewanh & team might be able to make us a template.

Community Advisor

As promised, here is a PDF of the Reports I mentioned along with the necessary text mode so you can copy & paste!

Community Advisor

During the session, I mentioned having an Admin queue and have received a few questions regarding that. My queue form is in desperate need of an overhaul, so instead I'm going to put up the bat signal for Miss @CynthiaBoon to graciously share some screenshots of her simple admin queue so we can all step up our games.

Level 10

Here are some samples of our admin queue and some of the forms that accompany them.

Support Queue Topics.jpgSupport Routing Rules.jpgNew User Request.pngNew-Client-Contract-request.jpgPermissions-Access Instructions.jpg

Employee

Kapow! Holy exclamations! If this means that I might be a Batman in some multiverse, that is fantastic. 

And yay! I do love sharing this Admin Queue, mainly because it makes me laugh.

For those that were asking for examples and recommendations, I will say that - like most sys admins - I did start with a huge form with lots of questions, but whittled it down to the basics.  And if you're having any resistance to folks using the queue, I highly recommend leaning heavily into humor, silliness, and pop culture references whenever possible.  For example - what says, "I need help" more than a puppy with a hurt paw in a cone of shame? 

Last detail on this queue - Back in the day, I also had all issues from the Sys Admin Queue go to a team of Sys/Group Admins, but also display on an Issue Report that was on a highly visible Dashboard that included Planners.  That way, everyone could jump in and offer help, even if the higher access folks weren't available. (Kind of like a mini version of the Workfront Community.) This definitely helped share the load, and gave others the opportunity to be the hero. Thanks for tagging me in @MoniqueEvans

Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 10.22.42 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-08-16 at 10.24.25 AM.png