Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

SFTP Destination Connector to SFMC Ingestion Best Practices

Level 3

Im curious if anyone has used the SFTP Destination connector in CDP to activate audiences to SFMC and if there are any best practices. For example, do I need to create a DE in SFMC for every audience I activate? Should I be automating this file import in the Automation Studio of SFMC? Any insights here would be helpful.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @RyanMoravick 

A destination from Adobe RTCDP can activate audience(s) to a SFMC DE.  With the audiences you are looking to send over to SFMC will there be a variance of attributes from Adobe RTCDP profile or will there be a standard set of attributes?

Example

Audience_1

attributeA, attributeB, attributeC

Audience_2

attributeA, attributeD, attributeE

Or 

Audience_1 and Audience_2

If there is going to be a variance then you will need a destination to DE to meet the export requirements.  If the data export will be standard across all audiences, you will only need 1 destination from Adobe RTCDP to SFMC DE.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@RyanMoravick  

You do not need to create a DE per audience when activating an audience from Adobe RTCDP to SFMC.  When creating a destination to SFMC there is a setup of attributes which applies to all segments to the SFMC DE.  

example:

audience_id

customer_id

semgent qualification time.

If there is a variant of attributes to be activated into the existing SFMC DE then you may want to create a secondary SFMC DE.  

Level 3

Hey @brekrut thanks for the response. I think im still a little confused. Are you saying instead of creating a DE in SFMC for each activated audience, I would create a single DE that houses all segments based on audience ID, customer ID, and segment qualification time? Thanks

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @RyanMoravick 

A destination from Adobe RTCDP can activate audience(s) to a SFMC DE.  With the audiences you are looking to send over to SFMC will there be a variance of attributes from Adobe RTCDP profile or will there be a standard set of attributes?

Example

Audience_1

Audience_2

attributeA, attributeD, attributeE

Or 

Audience_1 and Audience_2

If there is going to be a variance then you will need a destination to DE to meet the export requirements.  If the data export will be standard across all audiences, you will only need 1 destination from Adobe RTCDP to SFMC DE.