Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Server call for Overages

Level 2

Is server call to check overages only available to Adobe Analytics? Is it also available to AEP RTCDP or is there any way to check server call in AEP RTCDP as well? and I know that server call notifies of the risk or occurrence of an overage, but how does it actually help resolve overage issue?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @SahuSa1 ,

Server call definition in AEP isn't the same as analytics. In AA you pay for everything that comes out as an event from your website (page view etc hits) and that flow directly into Adobe servers. In AEP world events goes into data lake first and then cascaded into CJA where you pay for contracted rows. You can query to count rows and also can curate/filter data with data prep/distiller before cascading it into CJA for reporting.  

AtulChavan_0-1727777374101.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @SahuSa1 ,

Server call definition in AEP isn't the same as analytics. In AA you pay for everything that comes out as an event from your website (page view etc hits) and that flow directly into Adobe servers. In AEP world events goes into data lake first and then cascaded into CJA where you pay for contracted rows. You can query to count rows and also can curate/filter data with data prep/distiller before cascading it into CJA for reporting.  

AtulChavan_0-1727777374101.png

Level 2

Hi @SahuSa1 

What @AtulChavan wrote is correct from my experience as well. let us know if you have any queries.

Level 2

Yes.. So, the server call feature to check/get alerts on overages is a AA feature. Thanks for clearing my doubt.

Level 2

Hi @SahuSa1 

In Adobe Experience Platform (AEP), and specifically in RTCDP, the model is different. AEP doesn’t use the "server call" model that Adobe Analytics does. Instead, AEP and RTCDP focus on data ingestion volumes and experience events (where each customer interaction is captured as an experience event.), which are part of your contract. Overages here are typically based on the total volume of data ingested or processed, not individual server calls.

That said, AEP monitors data ingestion rather than individual calls, and Adobe may charge additional fees if you exceed the data ingestion volumes specified in your contract. The mechanisms for tracking usage are more focused on the volume of data (e.g., gigabytes of data ingested per month) rather than discrete server calls.

There are monitoring tools to help track data ingestion and usage. Monitor Data Ingestion where you can see the amount of data ingested. Here is the Adobe link for the same:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/ingestion/quality/monitor-data-ingest...

To calculate the total events on a particular date, use the expression of: total events / day = ingestion rate * 60 * 60 * 24.

Hope this helps !!