Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Mentor Jeffrey Peter Maria Sagayam] Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentorship Program 2024

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion/Contextual thread for your Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentor, Jeffrey Peter!

Jeffrey will be your dedicated mentor, providing valuable support and guidance on your Adobe Real-Time CDP queries as you upskill yourself and prepare for Real-Time CDP certification throughout the program.

Know your Mentor Jeffrey Peter Maria Sagayam (aka @jpetermarias )

Jeffery's journey in Web Technologies has been fueled by a passion for understanding and mastering new products, technologies, and solutions. He started his career as a web developer and currently working in Adobe as a Technical Success Engineer for Adobe Target and AEP RT-CDP, assisting customers in resolving their challenges and optimizing their use cases.

He look forward to guide aspiring professionals in maximizing the potential of RT-CDP through Mentorship Program.

Aspirants mapped to Jeffery

1) Hemagurunath Selvaraj aka @Gurunath_Selvaraj 
2) Ramakrishna zalaki aka @ramakrishna3 
3) Celia Castilla Garcia aka @ccg1706  
4) Santosh J aka @SantoshJay 
5) Vamsi Krishna aka @vamsikohli 
6) Harshit Pandey aka @harshit_a_pande 
7) Abhinav Singh aka @abhinav99 
Rinav Sachdev aka @rinavsachdev 
9) Pranav Peethambaran aka @PranavPe1 
10) Mahesha Gunaje aka @Mahesh_Gunaje 
11) Alok Raj aka @alokraj 
12) Ankur Dhaka aka @Ankurdhaka 

How to participate in the program

• Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor, Jeffrey, and fellow Aspirant peers.
  • Stand a chance to win the ‘Most Engaging Aspirant’ recognition from your mentor by participating in a weekly quiz.
  • Test your knowledge by replying to the unresolved questions in the Real-Time CDP and AEP community and tag your Mentor to get recognized as an ‘Exceptional Contributor’ by your mentor.
  • Stick to the schedule to cover one module/week and clear Adobe Real-Time CDP Certification during the program: July 15 – Aug 30

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot to stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program.
  • Introduce yourself to Jeffrey and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe DX stack. 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the  Adobe Real-Time CDP Business Practitioner Professional Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E602)
  • Stick to schedule and ensure you track your progress in the exam prep guide.
  • Test your learning by replying to weekly quiz by your mentor
  • Practice the modules by replying to unresolved queries in the AEP community & RTCDP Community and tag your mentor. 

Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and the Real-time CDP Community throughout the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

We wish you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!

22 Replies

Level 2

Hi Jeffrey and Team,

I'm Hemagurunath Selvaraj, Working as a consultant. I am originally from Coimbatore, where I am enjoying living peacefully. With 7 years of total experience and 6 years in Adobe Campaign. 

I am excited about the opportunity to learn new skills and expand my knowledge with all of you. I look forward to collaborating with you all, contributing to our shared goals, and striving for excellence together.

Thanks!

Level 4

Hi Jeffrey and the rest of the super team,

I'm Celia,

I am from Spain, living in Madrid. I work as a technical consultant. With 5 years of experience in Adobe Campaign, no matter Classic or Standard.

I am excited about the opportunity to learn new skills, explore new capabilities and expand my knowledge with all of you. I look forward to share my knowledge and really collaborate with you to reach this new objective.

Let's go for it!

Thanks!

Employee

Greetings Everyone,

I'm Jeffrey, but you can call me Jeff!

Over the past three years, I've been part of the Adobe family, working as a Technical Success Engineer. It's a pleasure to have the opportunity to exchange knowledge and insights with you. Through this initiative, I aim to support your learning endeavours. Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out—I'm here to assist to the best of my ability.

Regarding the Business Practitioner exam, my advice is to begin with the essential course: Adobe Digital Experience Certification Program | Adobe Experience Platform Foundations (rockinfo.com...

For detailed technical insights on implementation, the following resource will be invaluable: https://docs.adobesandbox.com/comprehensive-technical-tutorial-archive/

Additionally, for documentation on the Adobe Experience Platform, please visit https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform.

I look forward to our collaborative growth in this journey.

Employee

Hello @Gurunath_Selvaraj@ccg1706@ramakrishna3@SantoshJay@vamsikohli@harshit_a_pande@abhinav99@rinavsachdev@PranavPe1@Mahesh_Gunaje@alokraj, @Ankurdhaka 

This week we can go through the introduction to AEP, please go through the below links and let me know if you have any questions/doubts:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/landing/home

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/landing/getting-started/end-to-end-tu...

In the coming weeks, we can go through the below modules:

Week 1 (July 22): Segments and activation (32%)

Week 2 (July 29): Privacy and data governance (20%)

Week 3 (Aug 5): Business analysis (30%)

Week 4 (Aug 12): Schemas and profiles (18%)

Please review the RTCDP MP24 Module 1 (July 22): Segments and activation

• Create segment and activate to destination: 
  • Configure new destinations
  • Apply concepts required to target identities in destinations
  • Identify attribute mappings and scheduling of segments to destination

Important links for Module 1:

Segmentation: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/segmentation/home
Destination: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/destinations/home

Please review what are different types of segment evaluation available in the segmentation services and in what use case you need to use either one of them. Please review the different types of destinations and categories available for segment activation.

RTCDP MP24 Weekly Quiz for Week 1

1) The marketing campaign manager of a retail company wants to create an audience segment for an upcoming email campaign of their loyalty program. The targeted audience of this segment are people in the age group between 25 and 35 years who are not part of their gold or silver loyalty membership.

Which segment logic is recommended for this scenario?

A)

Include - age group equals 25-35

OR

Exclude - loyalty status equals "gold" or "silver"

AND

Include - emailID exists

B)

Include - age group between 25-35

AND

Include - loyalty status equals "gold" 

AND

Include - loyalty status equals "silver "

AND

Include - emailID exists

C)

Include - age group equals 25-35

AND

Exclude - loyalty status equals "gold" or "silver"

AND

Include - emailID exists

2) The marketer of an electronics retail website needs to create a segment of customer who viewed a laptop product on the website, added it to cart, and then viewed its accessories but did not proceed to checkout.  Which type of segment will be created in this scenario?

A) Multi entity segment

B) Sequential segment

C) Dynamic segment

Feel free to post questions/clarifications you need (no matter how basic), happy to answer it here.

Happy learning 

Jeff.

Level 2

Hi Jeff,

My answers for RTCDP MP24 Weekly Quiz for Week 1

1) C

2) B

Thanks!

Level 8

Hi @jpetermarias 

Thanks for sharing the necessary information. Have one query: Is it possible to digest these course material and to clear the certification, without any practical exposure?

This is Mahesha Gunaje, AEM developer.

Employee

Hi @Mahesh_Gunaje, Yes, it is doable. You don't have to have practical knowledge of the application to clear the Business Practitioner exam, which mainly focuses on key concepts and understanding of AEP.

Level 4

Hi Jeff, 

Thanks for this helpful information. 

Regarding the quiz I would choose C for question 1 and B for question 2 but regarding multi-tenancy segment I dont' really get it reading the documentation. Would you mind clarifying or sharing a more detail link.

Kind regards, 

Celia

Employee

Hi @ccg1706, apologies, it should be Multi-Entity Segments and not Multi-Tenancy.

Multi-entity segmentation allows users to build audiences by combining data from multiple XDM (Experience Data Model) classes. For example, you can create a segment that combines purchase data with product catalog details. This is done by establishing relationships between different schemas and building audiences based on fields existing in both schemas.

For more detailed guidance on creating multi-entity segments, you can refer to the Adobe Experience Platform Segmentation Service Guide

Level 4

HI @jpetermarias, don't worry I was getting confused, but now understood.

Thanks for the example and the detailed link.

Ready to rock, next week!!

Employee

Hello @Gurunath_Selvaraj, @ccg1706, @ramakrishna3, @SantoshJay, @vamsikohli, @harshit_a_pande, @abhinav99, @rinavsachdev, @PranavPe1, @Mahesh_Gunaje, @alokraj, @Ankurdhaka

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and is energized to go through the Week 2 modules. Please review the RTCDP MP24 Module 2 (July 29): Privacy and data governance, below:

1) Demonstrate an understanding of DULE policies and their impacts on data availability at destinations
2) Ensure privacy and data compliance measures are followed

Important links for Module 2:

Data Governance overview: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/data-governance/home
Privacy Service overview: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/privacy/home
Advanced Data Lifecycle Management in Adobe Experience Platform: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/data-lifecycle/home

Note: review the different types of labels and what they are used for: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/data-governance/labels/reference#cont...

RTCDP MP24 Weekly Quiz for Week 2:

1) A data usage policy specifies two labels, C2 and C4, both of which need to be present in order to restrict a marketing action for a destination. According to this policy, which data enforcement framework segment will be applicable?

a) A segment containing data fields with both C2 and C4 labels for a third-party destination
b) A segment excluding data fields with C2 and C4 for an internal business intelligence platform
c) A segment excluding data fields with C2 or C4 labels for a display advertisement platform

2) A marketing team wants to export a dataset to a third-party service. However, there is a policy in place stating that Personally Identifiable Information (PII) cannot be exported. If an "I" label (identity data) has been applied to the dataset, what role does the Policy Service play in this situation?

a) The Policy Service enforces the export but anonymizes the Personally Identifiable Information (PII) before sending it to the third-party service
b) The Policy Service prevents the export of the dataset due to the "I" label and notifies about the policy violation
c) The Policy Service facilitates the export but automatically redacts any sensitive information from the dataset
d) The Policy Service allows the export of the dataset to the third-party service without any restrictions

3) If any of the following actions potentially triggers a policy violation for activated audiences, what is the outcome?

- Updating data usage labels
- Changing datasets for an audience
- Changing audience predicates
- Changing destination configurations

a) A notification is sent to the administrator, but the actions are saved, providing flexibility in audience modification
b) The actions are saved, and the system automatically adjusts the policy to accommodate the changes
c) Any action triggering a violation is prevented from being saved, and a policy violation message is displayed
d) The system allows the actions to be saved but displays a warning message for the potential policy violation

4) What must be done for a data usage policy to be considered for enforcement in the Adobe Experience Platform?

a) We need to manually enable them.
b) Nothing, as the policy is automatically enabled once created.

Let me know if you have any queries. Happy Learning!

Level 4

Hi @jpetermarias,

I am a little bit advanced cause holidays are coming, but here are my answers for week two:

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. A . It can be done trough the API but could it be done through the UI?

Thanks for your help and looking forward to continue this learning journey!

Regards,
Celia

Employee

Hi Celia! Awesome job, those are the correct answers!!! Yes, you can enable it via the UI. You need to find that option by accessing Policies --> Browse --> Policy Status --> Enabled.

Please refer to the attached screenshot.

Level 4

Hi Jeff!

Thanks, for your response. I have tried it within my Sandbox and all correct.

Level 1

Hi @jpetermarias 

Here are my answers for Week 2:

1. A

2.B

3.C

4.A

Thank you for your assistance, and I look forward to continuing this learning journey!

Employee

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and ready to go through the Week 3 modules. Please review the RTCDP MP24 Module 3 (Aug 5): Business analysis, below:

1) Identify use cases that tie back to business KPIs
2) Perform data analysis on customer segments in platform
3) Demonstrate an understanding of data flow concepts

Important links for Module 3:

XDM System overview: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/xdm/home
Data Ingestion overview: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/ingestion/home
Streaming ingestion overview: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/ingestion/streaming/overview
Monitoring data ingestion: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/ingestion/quality/monitor-data-ingest...
Alerts overview: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/observability/alerts/overview

Note: review the different XDM classes, segment evaluation, and data ingestions.

RTCDP MP24 Weekly Quiz for Week 3:

1) What is the primary purpose of the Experience Data Model (XDM) in the Adobe Experience Platform?

A) To create personalized marketing campaigns
B) To standardize customer experience data and define schemas for customer experience management
C) To manage user permissions and access control
D) To generate real-time customer profiles

2) A large hotel chain implements Real-Time CDP. The hotel chain is now able to combine offline and online reservation data. Which two key attributes could be used to understand high-value customers? (Choose two.)

A) Length of Stay
B) Net Worth
C) Average Price per Night
d) Promo Code

3) What are the three main methods of data ingestion into Adobe Experience Platform?

A) Manual entry, API integration, and CSV upload
B) Batch ingestion, streaming ingestion, and API integration
C) Batch ingestion, streaming ingestion, and source connectors
D) Real-time ingestion, delayed ingestion, and manual ingestion

4) Which of the following is a key benefit of using streaming ingestion in Adobe Experience Platform?

A) It allows batch processing of large data files
B) It provides real-time data updates to the Real-Time Customer Profile with minimal latency
C) It supports manual data entry for small datasets
D) It offers advanced data encryption for secure storage

5) When a segment for streaming or the edge has been created, at what time will ALL profiles that meet the criteria be included in the segment?

A) Within the next 24 hours
B) Only when the segment is used in a destination
C) Immediately upon the creation of the segment

6) What feature does Adobe Experience Platform provide to help users monitor the success of their data ingestion?

A) Real-time data encryption
B) Data ingestion alerts and monitoring dashboards
C) Manual data validation tools
D) Batch processing summaries

7) A Real-Time CDP Business Practitioner was tasked with monitoring all dataflows at source ingestion over the last 24 hours. What would the practitioner need to do within the Data Management > Monitoring Dashboard tab?

A) Toggle the dataflows radio button
B) Select all sources in the dropdown navbar
C) Change the date variant to 24 hours

What is the primary role of alerts in Adobe Experience Platform?

A) To notify users of data ingestion failures and successes
B) To manage user permissions and roles
C) To create and manage marketing campaigns
D) To generate real-time customer profiles

Awesome job, @Gurunath_Selvaraj @ccg1706 and @vamsikohli, on answering the Week 2 Quiz. Let's see how you go with the Week 3 Quiz.

Let me know if you have any queries. Happy Learning!