Expand my Community achievements bar.

Change Custom eVar to Primary Identity - Using Native Adobe Analytics Connector

Level 1

I've used the native connector to begin importing Adobe Analytics data to RT-CDP. We have a custom eVar that fires that we want to use as the Primary Identity marker. When viewing it in the schema, I can see that it is marked as Identity. However when I try to make it Primary Identity, which is necessary, I receive the following error:

A primary identity descriptor cannot be defined for a schema that is connector locked

How do I go about getting this to be the primary identity descriptor?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 5

Hi @GitaiBe2,

To try to solve that issue you could perform the following steps:

• Create a New Schema: Create a new custom schema in Adobe RT-CDP that is not locked by the connector. Replicate the necessary field from the existing connector -locked schema into this news custom schema.
  • Mark the Custom eVar as Identity: In the new custom schema, make sure that the custom eVar you want to use as the Primary Identity marker is set as an Identity attribute.
  • Set it as Primary Identity: Since the new schema isn't connector locked, you should now be able to set the custom eVar as the Primary Identity without encountering the error.
  • Map Data to the New Schema:  You will need to map the incoming data from the Adobe Analytics connector to the new custom schema. This may involve some modifications to ensure data is correctly ingested into the custom schema.
  • Testing and Validation: After setting up the new schema and data mappings, test the data ingestion and identity resolution process to ensure everything is working as expected.

Hope this suits you!

Regards,

Celia

@jpetermarias 

Level 3

For schema created by connector, ECID is default primary identity. Hence, you cant create another primary identity.

If needed, create a custom schema and then define your own identities.