Expand my Community achievements bar.

Page Load Rules Not Firing

Former Community Member

All of my event based rules are firing beautifully, so I know the code is on the pages correctly, but none of my page load rules are firing at all.  We have a prop that captures all URLs upon page load that was in place prior to adding DTM to the site.  I set up a rule for an eVar to just copy that prop.  It doesn't fire at all, which is odd, because I asked for assistance from Adobe when setting that rule up.  It should fire on every page.

As background, we've had SC code on our site for five years, I did check that Analytics code was already present.  Any reason this shouldn't be working?

5 Replies

Level 1

I had the same problem. The bottom line is that until the s_code (or app Measurement) file has been moved into the DTM, page load rules won't work.

I would guess that in the Adobe Analytics tool setup, if you have the 'Page code is already present' check box selected.  I was told that DTM relies on the existing page level Adobe Analytics implementation for the delivery of the core Adobe Analytics code and the s.t() beacon activation. When the check box is selected, DTM will only serve as a supplemental Adobe Analytics functionality through the use of the s.tl(). 

Employee

Erin Glover wrote...

I had the same problem. The bottom line is that until the s_code (or app Measurement) file has been moved into the DTM, page load rules won't work.

I would guess that in the Adobe Analytics tool setup, if you have the 'Page code is already present' check box selected.  I was told that DTM relies on the existing page level Adobe Analytics implementation for the delivery of the core Adobe Analytics code and the s.t() beacon activation. When the check box is selected, DTM will only serve as a supplemental Adobe Analytics functionality through the use of the s.tl(). 

Not quite.  You can get page load rules to fire by having DTM host the s_code, or by selecting URL in the configuration screen and providing the path to the s_code.  The primary issue is having the "Page code already present" selected.   The intent of this feature is to allow you to expand and add event level tracking to an existing implementation, not add additional page load rules.

-Rudi 

****** Great DTM Content  *********** 

DTM Blog Posts:  http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/tag/dynamic-tag-management/  

Full DTM Demo..no slides…just live demo:  https://outv.omniture.com/play/?v=B5ODcybDozpBfRAARKiVrQ7V9lMtrD1C

DTM Help & Documentation:  http://bit.ly/dtmhelp 

Former Community Member

Okay, so we plan on removing the s code from our pages and having it hosted solely through DTM.  At that point, my page load rules should work?

Employee

Yes.  And you need to deselect the "Page code present" option as well. 

Employee

When you check "Page code is already present" that tells DTM to not do any page load rules or s.t() calls.   This approach is for the event based rules as you described.