Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fire Page Load Rule After Age Gate

Level 4

Hi, I'm having a bit of an issue where I have a site where the DTM tag is not firing my page load rule after the page loads upon passing through an age gate. There is a slight change in the markup after the age gate, so I can test against that, but I am not sure what that would look like from a conditions standpoint. Thanks in advance.

6 Replies

Level 4

When you say age gate, is it a modal window that request the user selects the year they were born? The page that doesn't fire is it a new page that loads after the user submits the form?

Is anything else firing on that page that fails on load, have you tried calling s.tl() or s.t() in the console and see if that works?

Level 4

Yes, it is a modal window, but there are some content items that do not load unless a person is >13 yrs old. Event rules seem to be firing, but page load is not.

Level 4

Does the page load rule still match and what about s.t() and s.tl(), I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work?

So to get this right, a page load, age gate shown, user fills and accept, user redirects to another page -> page load rule does not fire?

Level 4

Sorry for any lack of clarification. It is a page load rule so s.tl() is not an option in the ui for this rule. There is no redirect, it is all a single page app. So the user enters their age and clicks submit, and then based on whether they are <13||>13 there is some content that is loaded onto the document. In other words I do not see said content when I inspect the markup I don't see it. Therefore I'm thinking that I could have a custom code condition to test for the presence of that content. 

Level 4

Hi,

Sorry I'm not able to get your scenario, is there anyway I can see this on the site itself, you can PM me with details.

Your original message said the PLR wasn't firing but your last message is saying you don't see "said content" and "test for the presence" - Not sure I completely understand the scenario and issue.

Employee Advisor

Hi Leo, were you able to get the issue resolved? If you'd like to share the implementation URL with instructions on how to see the issue at hand, I'd be happy to take a look.