Expand my Community achievements bar.

Deploying getValOnce plugin in App Measurement via custom library results in an "s is not defined" error

Level 2

Deploying getValOnce plugin in App Measurement via custom library results in an "s is not defined" error. Any direction on getting this implemented properly in App Measurement?

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi - I've branched your reply off into it's own question. This will allow us to troubleshoot and answer your question. Are you deploying your app measurement file via DTM? If not, I'll move this to the Analytics community.

Employee

HI haddnin​,

I believe the s object is being referenced in a Third Party tag and hence the error. Can you please DM me the details below and I can take a look:

- Page URL

- Steps to replicate

Level 10

If you're receiving an "s is not defined" message, you're likely experiencing an scoping issue. You can read about a potential solution here - "S is not defined" Error in Adobe DTM

You could also test to see if that is the issue by removing the plug-in from the custom section and instead just write some code that references the s object. If you get a similar error, you know it's a scoping issue.

Level 2

Thank you Jantzen,

That thread solved my "s is not defined" issue. Now that I've implemented the s.getValOnce() plugin, how can I use it in DTM?

Right now, I have s.prop25=s.getValOnce(s.prop25,'ibCustomer'); in a page load rule under Conditions > Custom Criteria. This is not working.

Level 10

Maybe try writing a function in a data element like the one below

Then you can call that data element in the rule builder

prop 25 = %DataElementName%

I apologize for not being able to give a more concrete answer, I'm not an expert with any of the Analytics plugins.