Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

OpinionLab deployment in DTM: who successfully implemented this.

Level 2

Previously the Opinion lab was set via page load rule with non-sequential javascript which looked like that:

(function () {
        // MAIN OL ENGINE 
        var voc2 = document.createElement("script");
        var b = document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0];
        voc2.language = "javascript";
        voc2.type = "text/javascript";
        voc2.charset = "windows-1252";

voc2.src = "//xx-tagging.s3.amazonaws.com/onlineopinionV7/oo_engine_invite.min.js";

b.appendChild(voc2, b);
    }());

As Opinion Lab changed their set up now I need to load three new files via DTM: oo_engine.js, oo_config.js and oo_style.js . Is the best to host the files locally and reference them like shown above or place the actual code in the three separate page load rules? I'd really appreciate if anybody could share their experience. Also I need to make sure the engine file is loaded prior the configuration file. What is the best way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

We put the content of the .js files in a third party tag with sequential javascript (you can order them in there by dragging them around so the oo_engine fires first) in a page load rule triggered on top of the page. You should probably load all the files from the same page load rule in order to get the sequencing correct.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

We put the content of the .js files in a third party tag with sequential javascript (you can order them in there by dragging them around so the oo_engine fires first) in a page load rule triggered on top of the page. You should probably load all the files from the same page load rule in order to get the sequencing correct.