Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

meta in BingSite authentification

Former Community Member

Hi there,

I created a tag in DTM and I follow instructions in Bing for verify ownership in my site:

http://www.bing.com/webmaster/help/how-to-verify-ownership-of-your-site-afcfefc6

In DTM I have a Tag Name, a Type (sequential HTML) and the javascript code (same format from the Bing help)

When I open my page (it has a redirection) I can see 'Rule fired' and the code is present in a Meta in the Head section, however when I do Verify from Bing, it display an error message. I wonder if the Bing error could be induced/provoked by Adobe DTM.

I can't find the reason.

Thanks for your help,

Francisco

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Raul,

Non, I continue with the problem. Bing doesn't recognize the tag made in DTM.

I will answer Alexis' questions in bold

DO you know how Bing make its check ?

Verify Ownership of Your Website

To complete the addition of a new site to your account, you need to verify that you own the site by proving ownership. There are three ownership verification methods. Click the option best suited for your site and follow the on-screen instructions:

1. XML File authentication: Click BingSiteAuth.xml to save the custom XML file, which contains your customized ownership verification code, to your computer, and then upload the file to the root directory of the registered site.
  2. Meta tag authentication: Copy the displayed <meta> tag with your custom ownership verification code to the clipboard. Then open your registered site’s default page in your web development environment editor and paste the code at the end of the <head> section. Make sure the <head> section is followed by a <body> tag. Lastly, upload the revised default page file containing the new <meta> tag to your site.
  3. Add CNAME record to DNS: This option requires access to your domain hosting account. Inside that account you would edit the CNAME record to hold the verification code (series of numbers and letters) we have provided you.  When complete, we can see this information and verify your ownership of the site.

Does it check the source code (DOM) before the page is loaded or after the page is loaded?

I tried to do sequential HTML (trigger rule as top of page). Expected result as exemple :

Option 2: Copy and pase a <meta> tag in your default webpage
You can add a <meta> containing the authentication code to the <head> section of your default webpage.
<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="OFC3...."/>

Example:
<html>
    <head>
        <meta name="msvalidate.01" content="OFC3 ...." />
        <title> Your SEO optimized title </title>
    </head>
    <body>
        page contents
    </body>
</html>

The original source code of your page will not contain any code served by DTM.

Bing doesn't recognize DTM instruction. Our hypothesis is that Bing is reading the html head, it finishes then DTM tryes to send instruction.

Thank you for your help

Frank

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Francisco,

DO you know how Bing make its check ? Does it check the source code (DOM) before the page is loaded or after the page is loaded?

Best regards

Alexis Cazes.

Senior Technical Support Engineer

Level 8

Hi Francisco,

Have you been able to resolve this?

If not, could you please respond the questions Alexis asked as it will help us troubleshoot.

Regards

Rahul

Former Community Member

Good morning Alexis,

Thank you for your answer. I am not able to resolve the problem yet.

According to the documentation Bing needs to have the code in the head of the page. 

Does it check the source code (DOM) before the page is loaded or after the page is loaded?

In my understanding, the code must be check before the page is loaded

If I am selecting (in DTM) pahse Top of page-sequential HTML for the tag script in JavaScript/third party, the code must be intected into the Head, why the original source code of the page won't contain any code served by DTM?

It could be a bug on the Bing side?

Thanks again for your time.

Frank

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Raul,

Non, I continue with the problem. Bing doesn't recognize the tag made in DTM.

I will answer Alexis' questions in bold

Verify Ownership of Your Website

To complete the addition of a new site to your account, you need to verify that you own the site by proving ownership. There are three ownership verification methods. Click the option best suited for your site and follow the on-screen instructions:

1. XML File authentication: Click BingSiteAuth.xml to save the custom XML file, which contains your customized ownership verification code, to your computer, and then upload the file to the root directory of the registered site.
  2. Meta tag authentication: Copy the displayed <meta> tag with your custom ownership verification code to the clipboard. Then open your registered site’s default page in your web development environment editor and paste the code at the end of the <head> section. Make sure the <head> section is followed by a <body> tag. Lastly, upload the revised default page file containing the new <meta> tag to your site.
  3. Add CNAME record to DNS: This option requires access to your domain hosting account. Inside that account you would edit the CNAME record to hold the verification code (series of numbers and letters) we have provided you.  When complete, we can see this information and verify your ownership of the site.

I tried to do sequential HTML (trigger rule as top of page). Expected result as exemple :

Option 2: Copy and pase a <meta> tag in your default webpage
You can add a <meta> containing the authentication code to the <head> section of your default webpage.
<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="OFC3...."/>

Example:
<html>
    <head>
        <meta name="msvalidate.01" content="OFC3 ...." />
        <title> Your SEO optimized title </title>
    </head>
    <body>
        page contents
    </body>
</html>

Bing doesn't recognize DTM instruction. Our hypothesis is that Bing is reading the html head, it finishes then DTM tryes to send instruction.

Thank you for your help

Frank

Level 8

Thanks for letting us know Francisco.

Rahul

Level 1

Hello All,

I have a similar problem. I implemented Bing validation tags last week, and still am not able to find the solution.

I am not new to AdobeTAG Manager. Currently it is implemented in sequential HTML, rule fires at TOP of Page.
I also implemented it via SeqJavaScript but to no avail.

I have tried everything, one thing which I have noticed that even for online meta tag analyzers, they do not verify my meta tag. My website has multiple of meta tags(description,http-equivalent) but only this one is implemented through ADTM. I can see the tag in view source in head section for every webbrowser or via firebug and other tools.

This needs to be resolved.

I will be grateful.

Thanks
Z. Kamran

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----