Expand my Community achievements bar.

App Builder Logs - unable to retrieve the logs

Level 2

Hi,

We have deployed a custom react app on App builder with API mesh configured for 2 endpoints - 1. Magento 2. AEM

My API mesh endpoint & Magento & AEM endpoints are working fine individually. However, when we are trying to retrieve data from Magento in API mesh, it is failing at some point. 

I would like to understand where APP builder stores its logs? 

I tried running few commands - but all of them responded blank. Like -

aio app logs

aio runtime logs

aio rt activation ls 
Datetime Status Kind Version Activation ID Start Wait Init Duration Entity
─────────────── ──────── ──────── ──────── ─ ───────────── ───── ──── ──── ──────── ──────

Can someone help me on how to debug the application on APP Builder Stage runtime? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 4

Hi @mkdish 

This would be the best spot to start https://developer.adobe.com/app-builder/docs/guides/application_logging/. Do note the portion "Retrieving Activations for Blocking Successful Calls" on this page as well https://developer.adobe.com/runtime/docs/guides/using/logging_monitoring/.

Let us know if that helped!

Level 2

Hi Sarah,

I did try all the options - but getting nothing on command prompt.

The AIO CLI App plugin provides the aio app logs command, which fetches the logs for an App Builder application deployed to the App Builder Workspace that is configured in the current working folder:

• The command accepts an integer argument with the --limit flag that allows fetching logs from the last n Runtime activations.
  • The command accepts an action name with the --action flag that allows fetching logs from a particular action within the App Builder application.
  • The command allows a --tail or --watch flag that would continuously fetch logs as they appear.

To see more command options, run aio app logs --help on your terminal.

Screenshots attached. 

mkdish_0-1689909843959.png