Expand my Community achievements bar.

App builder action failing no logs.

Level 2

I have a requirement where I am supposed to get all the products from my PIM system and get the details of all the images used from AEM asset.
Then use that information in AEM Asset.
To fetch all the necessary product details i have to send thousand requests and it takes approximately 12 minutes. 

I created an app using app builder but it just does'nt work after 10k products.
As far as I can think The limitation of 600000ms timeout for action is the issue. Is there a way i can execute this? or any different type of app builder service which will be beneficial in such use case?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 4

Hi @Anuj31005349h74z ,

If you are using App Builder, why not try them in batches. Adobe I/O Runtime leverages the container’s auto-scaling capabilities. A very good read would be https://blog.developer.adobe.com/adobe-app-builder-the-power-of-scaling-at-your-fingertips-8ae1149b7... 

Else of course you can build a custom solution which would take significant time & effort - 

1. Read the PIM daily by running a scheduler (you can adjust the frequency)

2. Save the data as Content Fragments

3. A sling job can then fire a query for new/changed content fragments to list assets related to a particular product ID, say lists all assets for an eanCodes.

4. Then just map the data onto the asset metadata.

Hope it helps.