Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

Target + Web SDK: QA-ing a page within a funnel

Community Advisor

I'm starting to get into using Target with Web SDK and have encountered a problem with QA.

My experiment is like this:

• There is a funnel of pages that users need to go through: A > B > C
  • If a user reloads page B, he gets sent back to page A. I.e. state is not retained at the current page. Likewise, if the user reloads page C, he gets sent back to page A.
  • I am experimenting on page B. I can apply my modifications there successfully in VEC.

Previously, with at.js, when I wanted to QA page B, I could append Target's QA parameters to page A's URL. Then when I arrived at page B, the expected modifications would be applied, i,e.

1. Get the QA link for page B from Target.
  2. Open page A, appending the QA parameters "at_preview_token", "at_preview_index", and "at_preview_listed_activities_only" to page A's URL.
  3. Continue to page B.

Expected result: Page B's modifications get applied.

Actual result: Page B's modifications get applied.

But I've found that this doesn't work with Web SDK, i.e.

1. Get the QA link for page B from Target.
  2. Open page A, appending the QA parameters "at_preview_token", "at_preview_index", and "at_preview_listed_activities_only" to page A's URL.
  3. Continue to page B.

Expected result: Page B's modifications get applied.

Actual result: Page B remains in its original condition.

I got the same actual result with both Google Chrome and Firefox. I have the Target VEC extension installed in both browsers. I have allowed third-party cookies in Google Chrome (in both normal and incognito windows) and disabled Firefox's Enhanced Tracking Protection (in both normal and private windows).

Web SDK is implemented using Adobe Launch. In there, I've already selected the "Render visual personalization decisions" checkbox in Web SDK's "Send event" action. To verify that Web SDK is rendering modifications properly, I setup a temporary experiment where I applied modifications to page A. When I QA-ed page A, the modifications were applied as expected. (I found that Web SDK sent a second event with "display" eventType.) So I can somewhat confirm that Web SDK and Target are communicating properly with each other.

Does anyone know how I can use the old at.js method with Web SDK?

0 Replies