Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Target Recommendation Feed Via URL

Level 3
  1. In the create Feed section, if instead of FTP, we select URL than which URL we should have it? Could it be URL of AEM DAM if we save our file there?

CSV Feed.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Abhishek,

The URL seems to be a local host which cannot be accessed externally. Could you please upload the feed on a URL which is accessible over the internet without authentication.

The unknown error is most likely being caused because recommendation is not able to access the local host

Thanks

Raag

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee

HI Abhishek,

As long as the feed contains data in the right format and the URL does not require authentication you should be good to go. However if the URL requires authentication then you should opt for FTP because I don't think we setup credentials for URL method.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Raag

Level 3

Hi Shanker,

As in the recommendation Feed sample by Adobe, first column is for "## RECSentity.id"

Could you please let me know, what different datatypes are possible in "## RECSentity.id"? i.e Alphanumeric/numeric/character etc.??

Could we use Page URL in  "## RECSentity.id"?

Employee

Hi Abhishek,

Entity ID is the product ID which is used to identify the products uniquely on the page. It can be Alphanumeric but not suggested to be a URL. You can refer below document for more details on entity ID

Entity Attributes

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Tanvi

Level 3

Hi Shanker

I tried uploading a feed via URL approach

Below are the steps I took

In the Publish instance of AEM DAM I uploaded a .csv file (feedwomenpage.csv).

PFB URL of feed http://localhost:4503/content/dam/we-retail/feedwomenpage.csv

Feed is available, if I check putting this URL in chrome browser

(I created a sample feed after downloading the format from Adobe Target console itself)

I provided this URL in Adobe Target console, in creation of feed section via csv and URL

In schedule section, I scheduled it for daily, and provide time after 5 minutes of the time when I created this

It does not ask for any mapping, environment all host groups and I saved it

The Feed status Changes from Waiting for downlaod --> Unknown Error (PFA image of error)

Kindly help me in understanding, where I am going wrong, Why this "Unknown Error" is coming??

Unknown Error Feed.JPG

Level 3

Tanvi

I tried uploading a feed via URL approach

Below are the steps I took

In the Publish instance of AEM DAM I uploaded a .csv file (feedwomenpage.csv).

PFB URL of feed http://localhost:4503/content/dam/we-retail/feedwomenpage.csv

Feed is available, if I check putting this URL in chrome browser

(I created a sample feed after downloading the format from Adobe Target console itself)

I provided this URL in Adobe Target console, in creation of feed section via csv and URL

In schedule section, I scheduled it for daily, and provide time after 5 minutes of the time when I created this

It does not ask for any mapping, environment all host groups and I saved it

The Feed status Changes from Waiting for downlaod --> Unknown Error (PFA image of error)

Kindly help me in understanding, where I am going wrong, Why this "Unknown Error" is coming??

Unknown Error Feed.JPG

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Abhishek,

The URL seems to be a local host which cannot be accessed externally. Could you please upload the feed on a URL which is accessible over the internet without authentication.

The unknown error is most likely being caused because recommendation is not able to access the local host

Thanks

Raag

Level 3

Hi Shanker,

Hope you are doing great !!

My query is

I have two separate product lines

The recommendation activity which I want to run for these two different product lines is on their respective product pages

The few details which got displayed (look and feel) about these products is also different

In such a scenario,

Do I need to take one combined feed for both type of products from AEM OR should I take two separate feed from AEM. One for each type of product??

If there are two feeds, then will these two feed update the same space in recommendation catalog?? OR we can also do a separation between recommendation catalog for these two product lines??