Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

search&promote facet flow expects json while seach is working with xml response

asn_177
Level 4
Level 4

We are using search&promote for seach on our site.

The usage is prettymuch inline with the OOTB searchpromote components in libs/cq/searchpromote path.

We receive an XML from s&p server.

We now are looking at having facets, I tried putting linklist facet on results page to get facets but it failed, so looking at logs and going through jar I noticed that facet component in its dialog calls a servlet (path+facetList.json) this servlet calls searchpromoteservice's get facetList method.


      String facetList = this.searchpromote.getFacetList(memberId, accountNo);
      JSONObject facets = new JSONObject(facetList);
      out.write(facets.toString());

but it then tries to convert string response as JSON object and fails since the URL http://sp10050b5b.guided.ss-omtrdc.net/design/sp_id=MyID-MyAccount&sp_fn=facets results xml rsponse.

Only changing this setting in search & promote to return json would suffice or I will have to make any other changes as well?

 

Regards,

Allhad

1 Accepted Solution
ParitMittal
Correct answer by
Level 10
Level 10

Hi ,

You should make sure that the XML that it is received is the AEM XML  https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/snp/r_gsxmloutputforwem.html, not the normal XML. Also, it is not clear that which version of AEM your are sing . Actually is AEM code calling S&P, so the you should put the question in the AEM forum or contact support. you  should not modified the templates in S&P to return JSON and you  eed to re-write the AEM components to read them correctly, basically implement all S&P components.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ParitMittal
Correct answer by
Level 10
Level 10

Hi ,

You should make sure that the XML that it is received is the AEM XML  https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/snp/r_gsxmloutputforwem.html, not the normal XML. Also, it is not clear that which version of AEM your are sing . Actually is AEM code calling S&P, so the you should put the question in the AEM forum or contact support. you  should not modified the templates in S&P to return JSON and you  eed to re-write the AEM components to read them correctly, basically implement all S&P components.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post