Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Recommendation using custom attribute as key

Level 1

Hi 

Can someone explain with an example how I can use a custom attribute as key in the recommendation criteria. The documentation for making a custom attribute a key in a crieria says that

"Recommendation is determined by an item that is stored in a visitor's profile, using either user.<x> or profile.<x>attributes.

When this option is selected, the entity.id value must be present in the profile attribute"

1. It would be great to have an sample example.
  2. When I try to save a criteria with a custom attribute key using logic of item with similar attribute, I get the error has invalid fields. Something that I am missing? 

Thanks

Manpreet

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Manpreet,

Custom key is a profile attribute and  it has to match a Product  SKU . So basically it's "custom Entity ID" based on a profile. Like if a company had their own definition of favorite product Or if they want to recommend products to me online based on a product I purchased in brick and mortar.

I Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi Manpreet,

Can you please share your Target Account login details as well as test url of website in a private message so that we can debug the issue at our end.

Also, Have you tested that user.rating profile parameter is getting associated with the user profile or not

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Manpreet,

Custom key is a profile attribute and  it has to match a Product  SKU . So basically it's "custom Entity ID" based on a profile. Like if a company had their own definition of favorite product Or if they want to recommend products to me online based on a product I purchased in brick and mortar.

I Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

Ok. Thanks for clarifying.

How can I achieve location based recommendation use case. So that local products are displayed using target recommendations.Is it possible as given in the documentation.  The documentation is not very elaborate.  https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/rec/t_Localized_geo_recs.html 

Level 1

Hi Parit

Can you tell me if it is possible to have geo specific product recommendations at all. Such that recommendation change on the basis of visitor location as detected by target. Location based targeting works very well for other activities but it seems that there is no way to do this in recommendations.

Regards

Manpreet 

Level 10

Hi Manpreet,

The location itself couldnt be a key. A key can only be an entity ID or a category.  I believe you are using Target Premium Recommendations and  Geography based recommendations have not yet been added to Target Premium yet.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 10

Hi Manpreet,

Does the above solutions answers your query?. If yes, you can go ahead and mark this query as resolved.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

Hi. I'm not sure I understand you example completely. Can you elaborate on how I can begin to promote product purchased in store on our website to that exact customers? Feel free to contact me directly.

Regards Bjarke