Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Not reflecting the changed traffic allocation, on ongoing Live activities(A/B) in Target, why?

Level 2

I have created an A/B activity with an audience split of exp A-B: 0-100% and made the A/B activity Live. Then I visited the page and I'm falling on exp-B.
Now I've changed the audience split to exp A-B: 100-0% and I've visited the page but still, I'm falling on exp-B instead of exp-A(But new visitors who never experienced this activity are failing on exp-A).

What is the Technical reason for not reflecting the changed traffic allocation in the middle of ongoing Live activities(A/B) in Target?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@SaiGaneshReddy  This is because of Target visitor profile . The visitor profile lifetime is set to 14 days (default value) but you may increase this to 90 days. 

In your case , the visitor first qualified for Exp B . This information got synced with the visitor profile and hence this visitor would continue to be a part of experience B till : 

1. The visitor profile lifetime expires : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/visitor-profiles/visitor-profile-life... .

2. You clear the browsing cookies and are treated as a new visitor.

3. Or you try in an incognito window.

The new traffic distribution rules will be applicable for all new visitors.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@SaiGaneshReddy  This is because of Target visitor profile . The visitor profile lifetime is set to 14 days (default value) but you may increase this to 90 days. 

In your case , the visitor first qualified for Exp B . This information got synced with the visitor profile and hence this visitor would continue to be a part of experience B till : 

1. The visitor profile lifetime expires : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/visitor-profiles/visitor-profile-life... .

2. You clear the browsing cookies and are treated as a new visitor.

3. Or you try in an incognito window.

The new traffic distribution rules will be applicable for all new visitors.

Hope this helps.

Level 2

Thanks @Gaurav_Singh, Even after clearing all site cookies and site data. I'm still falling on previous experience only. 
-Initially, it worked after clearing cookies but later on it's not changing even after clearing cookies.
 Any idea regarding this?

Level 4

Are you signing in my any chance on the site to capture mbox3rdParty id? 

If yes, you will continue to see the same experience. If not once you clear cookies then you will be treated as a new visitor and what @Gaurav_Singh mentioned holds true.