Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

How to share AT activity audiences to Analytics?

Level 3

We have used AT as a reporting source for an A/B test activity. Now, for our additional analysis on this audience list selected for this activity, we wanted to create an audience and share those with Adobe Analytics workspace. I know this would have been easier if we had used AA as reporting source rather than AT. But, how should one perform additional analysis when AT is used for reporting?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@emmak109 

While adding tracking code like this should not have any impact on reporting, its not recommended when test is already live as it will not provide a complete (and possibly a correct) picture.

Unfortunately, there's no other way to pass the experience-metadata to Analytics if you are not using A4T. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

You can't. The Target audiences are only for Target, if you need to share Audiences you should create them in Adobe Analytics, AA, or Audience Library.

Esteban Bustamante

Level 3

Okay, how can I create an audience for Treated group from a A/B activity? 

Community Advisor

Hi @emmak109   - are your just looking to use name of the experience in Analytics to compare the performance of multiple experiences? In that case you can pass these values as eVars using the the s.tl() method of Adobe Analytics (if you use App Measurement) or sendEvent in case of Web SDK?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/functions/tl-method.html?lang=...

You can fetch the name of the activity and experience in your experience-code using dynamic-parameters:

${campaign.name} for activity-name

${campaign.recipe.name} for experience-name

Hope this helps

Regards

Rajneesh

Level 3

Okay, so this A/B test is already live, and I don't think I can update the code because that would affect the test results.

My question is - If I were to create an audience in AT's audience library, can I do that? I want to create one audience group for Control and another audience group for Treatment. You are right, I want to use these audience in Analytics Workspace to see how did they perform against other success metrics. It is easily achievable via A4T but this particular test used AT as a reporting source, so there is no way I can onboard this test results to Analytics Workspace.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@emmak109 

While adding tracking code like this should not have any impact on reporting, its not recommended when test is already live as it will not provide a complete (and possibly a correct) picture.

Unfortunately, there's no other way to pass the experience-metadata to Analytics if you are not using A4T.