Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to add a custom code in A4T redirect activity?

Level 1

I am looking for a solution where I can add a custom code in an A4T redirect activity. I tried it with VEC but it seems that it doesn't allow any modifications. I referred the help documentation : https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/a4t/c_a4t-faq-redirect-offers.html and it states that recommended way is to use From Based Composer. Is there any way we can avoid adding the adobe_mc_ref and adobe_mc_sdid as a query parameters in redirect url?

Any suggestion is really appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Manvika,

What i understood is you would like to use custom/html offer in A4T redirect?

If this is the case then No,you can not use custom/html offers in A4T.

you must use a built-in redirect offer for activities that use Analytics as the reporting source (A4T). From the Target perspective, HTML offers are opaque: Target can't know that a particular piece of HTML contains JavaScript that instantiates a redirect.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Manvika,

What i understood is you would like to use custom/html offer in A4T redirect?

If this is the case then No,you can not use custom/html offers in A4T.

you must use a built-in redirect offer for activities that use Analytics as the reporting source (A4T). From the Target perspective, HTML offers are opaque: Target can't know that a particular piece of HTML contains JavaScript that instantiates a redirect.

Thanks

Level 1

Hi Pranav,

I just to wanted to add a workaround where you can create two separate tests:  one for redirection and another for custom code delivery (with 100% traffic) to achieve the result.

Thanks,

Manvika