Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Creating a target audience based on search engine keyword

Level 1

Hi,

I have a client which would like to show personalised content (through Target) to users, based on the keyword they searched to get to the site.

An example could be that the user searches on Google for surfboards and clicks on an ad leading to our site. Once the user reaches our site, we show content related to surfing. Can we create an audience based on the search term used to enter the site?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

marcusk3404264​,

Good question. The answer is yes you can accomplish this by setting up an audience based on the referring URL containing google.com and surfboard. You would then set up your activity to target to that audience. I've provided some screen-shots of what this woudl look like below.

If I did a good job please like, mark as helpful and mark as answer. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Google search would look like this:
_1._google_search.png

Your audience woudl look like this:
_2._google_surfboard_audience.png

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

marcusk3404264​,

Good question. The answer is yes you can accomplish this by setting up an audience based on the referring URL containing google.com and surfboard. You would then set up your activity to target to that audience. I've provided some screen-shots of what this woudl look like below.

If I did a good job please like, mark as helpful and mark as answer. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Google search would look like this:
_1._google_search.png

Your audience woudl look like this:
_2._google_surfboard_audience.png

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 3

Did you manage to get this to work? I thought Google stopped sending the search queries across.