Expand my Community achievements bar.

Category Affinity calculation without changing at.js

Level 2

Hi, 

I want to implement the Category Affinity algorithm on my site.  The issue is that the tag management setup is via another team.  So I'll have to pass them the request to add the mbox parameters as per each page.  To make the tagging of pages effective and easy, it will be great if we can change it at our end.  So I am curious if we can add the tags via our content management tool itself - any meta tags that can show the category that can be picked up by Adobe Target?

Thank you so much!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi @SujaniKo 
I see a couple of options for you. 

1. If you via your CMS system can inject javascript code (ideally in the head tag and if so, be aware it needs to be after your TagManager script), you can use targetPageParams function to pass the categoryId as a parameter - more details here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/target-dev/developer/client-side/at-js-implementation/fun...

2. As an alternative you should also be able to set the category via a profile script. 

I would prefer option 1.