Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can we use eVar value as a Goal Metric?

Level 3

Hi, 

If we don't have success events in place, is it okay to use eVar Analytics metric in A4T report? If yes, how to do this? Is there any document or tutorial I can go through?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes, you could just create a segment with definition of "eVarX = something" and then apply that to your A4T panel in Workspace. I'd expect a Visitor-level segment will make most sense but that will depend a bit on what your primary KPI is 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

You can use the instances metric e.g. if eVar1 is Page URL then I can use the "Page URL Instances" metric. However, this is of course instances of all values collected in the eVar, not a specific value. 

If you need your metric to be a specific value from the eVar, one option would be:
i) Pass the eVar value as a profile parameter to Target
ii) Create an Audience of eVar equals "some value"
iii) On the Target report settings page, you can choose "Viewed an mbox" & "target-global-mbox"; you can then click the settings cog, click "Add audience Targeting", and then choose the Audience you built in step ii)
Skærmbillede 2023-09-01 kl. 11.35.04.png

Level 3

Thank yo for sharing the detailed insights. 

If I've already started my test, and now I want to analyze the visits to this specific page (stored in ever), is there anyway I could do this in A4T? I'm interested in looking at confidence score for my treated group when it comes to number of visits to this particular page I am interested in.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes, you could just create a segment with definition of "eVarX = something" and then apply that to your A4T panel in Workspace. I'd expect a Visitor-level segment will make most sense but that will depend a bit on what your primary KPI is 

Level 3

Just to add, I solved my problem using this answer. Along with this segment (evarX = "something"), I used this eVarX Instances metric to measure the count.