Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

AT test did not run after activation

Level 2

Hi,

I am setting up my first AT test and found that my activity did not run at all after I activated it. I went to check in the collision tab and saw that some of the past inactivate AT test might be affecting the same page but I am not sure if my assumption is correct. 

How do I remove these roadblocks as these inactive AT tests have stopped running more than 3 years ago.

Any advice and guidance on this will be most appreciated.

jeany64818576_2-1695262891250.png

Thanks!

Jean

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi @jeany64818576  - I checked the page you shared and I could not see any Adobe Target activities being delivered.

Question: Is Adobe Target working on any other pages? Or, are any other activities working on the website? You have mentioned earlier this is your first AT test - wondering is this the first test ever on the website?

Assuming you are using Launch, please check that Render personalisation checkbox is selected (see the screenshot below)

Rajneesh_Gautam__0-1695890831830.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @jeany64818576  - when you do not see expected behaviour as a result of an Adobe Target activity, I would suggest breaking it into 2 parts:

1. Activity qualification: Check whether the visitor is getting qualified for the experience delivery. Check the Network tab under Developer tools, expand the content of Delivery call to check the activity + experience. Response tokens are your best friends here. 

If you do not see your activity here then go back and check

• Page delivery rules
  • Audience Refinements
  • Clashes with other activities on the page (should only happen when you use non global mbox)

If you see the activity but a different experience, start with checking

• AB test may have put you under different experience
  • Audience rules for XT activities

2. Experience execution: If you are seeing your activity and experience correctly delivered in the Adobe Target response, however the experience does not work

• Check for any errors/warnings in Console
  • Check for AT page load error in Console - possible cause is selectors not matching
  • Check for other activities on the page. In case of Global mbox, its possible multiple activities are returned back. These activities run in an order which may change the DOM structure and causing some activities to stop working.

Please note these are quick checks and in my experience, resolve most of the issues. However, if you still face any issues, feel free to share your results and I'll try to help further.

Regards

Rajneesh

Level 2

Hi Rajneesh, 

Thanks for your detailed advice and appreciate it! 

I think the audience set up was not done properly the first time round as the audience was missing from the library. I have set up a new one and reassign the audience again to this test again and will see if this issue is resolved. 

Thanks once again!

Jean

Community Advisor

brilliant @jeany64818576  - please reach out if you have any further queries

Regards

Rajneesh

Level 2

Hi @Rajneesh_Gautam_ 

I have tried to troubleshoot and updated the KPI string to reflect the full URL but the AT test is is not capturing any visitor or impression data. I have attached the screenshot of the setup for your advice and where I have gone wrong in the setup. 

Feel free to let me know if you need more info. 

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Jean

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi @jeany64818576  - I checked the page you shared and I could not see any Adobe Target activities being delivered.

Question: Is Adobe Target working on any other pages? Or, are any other activities working on the website? You have mentioned earlier this is your first AT test - wondering is this the first test ever on the website?

Assuming you are using Launch, please check that Render personalisation checkbox is selected (see the screenshot below)

Rajneesh_Gautam__0-1695890831830.png