Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

AEM - Adobe Target Integration Issue

Level 2

Hi,

I'd like to integrate AEM with Adobe Target to apply personalization for our content.  But I face an issue in connection to Adobe Target. 

• Client code : I obtain this client code value from Adobe Target Dashboard > Implementation > Edit mbox settings > Client Code and make sure it's exact value.
  • Email/Password : I fill up these fields Adobe ID account's email and password value.

I click on the "Connect to Adobe Target" button and got an error like "Invalid Email and Password supplied". My questions is where can I get that account so that I could connect to Adobe Target from AEM successfully ? 

(*) Note that I can successfully access to Adobe Target in the Adobe Marketing Cloud web interface by this Adobe ID account.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi  khoa,

Target actually have 2 versions: one is Test & Target (we called Target Classic), the other is Target Standard. You are able to access Target with your Adobe ID, that is to the Target Standard; In your AEM integration experiment, that is to Target Classic which dont support Adobe ID authentication.  In order to make your AEM integration success, You need to provide Adobe Target Classic  email address and password.

To access Adobe target Classic , you  need to have Target classic credentials which can be created raising a client care request.

If you are a supported user for your company account you can contact Customer Care. To contact Customer Care by telephone, call 1-800-497-0335. Toll free numbers outside the United States can be found on the Adobe Digital Marketing Customer Care Regional Phone Numbers page (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/dma-external/DMACustomeCareRegionalPhoneNumbers.html). When asked to select an option for your product, press 3 to contact the Target team.

E-mail Customer Care at tt-support@adobe.com.

Please Note: If you are not a supported user for your account please reach out to account manager for your account.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi  khoa,

Target actually have 2 versions: one is Test & Target (we called Target Classic), the other is Target Standard. You are able to access Target with your Adobe ID, that is to the Target Standard; In your AEM integration experiment, that is to Target Classic which dont support Adobe ID authentication.  In order to make your AEM integration success, You need to provide Adobe Target Classic  email address and password.

To access Adobe target Classic , you  need to have Target classic credentials which can be created raising a client care request.

If you are a supported user for your company account you can contact Customer Care. To contact Customer Care by telephone, call 1-800-497-0335. Toll free numbers outside the United States can be found on the Adobe Digital Marketing Customer Care Regional Phone Numbers page (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/dma-external/DMACustomeCareRegionalPhoneNumbers.html). When asked to select an option for your product, press 3 to contact the Target team.

E-mail Customer Care at tt-support@adobe.com.

Please Note: If you are not a supported user for your account please reach out to account manager for your account.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 2

Hi Parit

I will reach out to Target Support Team to get Target Classic credentials. By the way, I'm wondering that if I connect to Target classic via AEM, would it possible to display in Target Dashboard in cloud?

Thanks for your support

Level 10

HI Khoa,

Most probably you won't be able to display Target Classic dashboard in Cloud. but you confirm the same from Care team once you reach out to them for access credentials.

Thanks & regards

Parit Mittal