Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Redirecting multiple resort pages to new resort pages

Level 1

Hello,

We have about 600 resort details pages which have a resort id in the URL. We are in the process of rebuilding a new template and we would want to test the old template for resort details which have resort specific images, reviews, addresses, rooms etc. I would like to know how can we add multiple or mass upload redirect url rules to have 600 old resort details page redirected to the equivalent new resort details page bu resort id. Also the new resort pages are a different subdomain.

eg:

Old Resort URLs
New Resort urls
olddomain.com/old_resort/123newsubdomian.domian.com/new_resort_123/
olddomain.com/old_resort/124newsubdomian.domain.com/new_resort_124/
olddomain.com/old_resort/125newsubdomian.domain.com/new_resort_125

Please let me know how to use Adobe target to resolve and test these.

1 Reply

Employee Advisor

The intention for redirect offers is to allow you to compare how site1 competes with site2 in terms of conversion etc. The expected use is one where you have ExpA go to site1 and then ExpB redirect to site2. Per: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/t_redirect_offer.html

However what you are attempting to accomplish here is more in line with content management. This would be extremely painstaking as you would have to manually enter 600 Experience redirects. I do not believe the product was intended to be used in this manner so I would recommend against it. A more appropriate way to accomplish this would be to set up a rule in your web-servers .htaccess file for these redirects. I'm sure this is probably not what you wanted to hear but it would be the more appropriate solution to this.

Mihnea Docea  | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335