Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Need to Target Visitors on 3rd visit. How can I?

Community Advisor

Dear Members,

We have a Target Case where we need to Target Visitors on 3rd Visit.

Since we don't have inbuilt Visits Num, we are supposed to create profile scripts to set Visit Number, thereby we thought we can target them.

But when we tried to implement, the profile script didn't seems like working. Can anyone help? Or suggest idea to target the case?

Below is the code we used for Visit Number in profile script.

if(user.sessionId!=user.getLocal('lastSessionId')) {

user.setLocal('lastSessionId', user.sessionId);

return (user.get('numVisits') || 0) + 1;

}

Thank You

Arun

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Members,

Any updates on this?

Thank You!

Arun

Employee Advisor

PratheepArunRaj

First let me mention that implementation/development is definitely not my strong suit. With that out of the way I can see you really need help and I'm hoping that even by sharing ideas that might give you a little help in the right direction. Here is how I would attempt to accomplish this if I were tasked with it:

1. Write custom code on the site that increments the visit number. (Sorry don't know the exact code to do this.)

2. Once the visitor reaches visit#3 set mbox parameter visit3=true.(Pass Parameters to a global mbox)

3. Set up audience that targets to mbox parameter visit3=true.

I hope this has helped you out even if just a little.

Mihnea Docea  | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Community Advisor

Dear Mike,

First of all, thanks for your revert. Appreciate!

Yes, as said i can implement this using page level scripts or through DTM/Launch. But i want to explore and do it using Profile Script and thus asked for help. Will wait for other members.

Thank You

Arun