Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can you use Adobe Target on a Desktop application?

Level 4

Hi

Is it possible to use Adobe Target to run AB tests on a desktop application?

Thanks

Nicolai

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

hi nicolaih30984078

Following are the Product Limitations provided by adobe :

1.  Adobe Target Standard.  Adobe Target Standard includes the following components and functionality in the Target section of the Adobe Marketing Cloud user interface: A/B testing with the enhancement of Auto-Allocate, Multivariate Testing (MVT), Rules-based Targeting, Geo-targeting, and Server Side Optimization (otherwise known as optimization via APIs).  These capabilities may be used for optimization of browser-based channels (desktop web and mobile web) and email as scoped in the applicable Sales Order.

2.  Adobe Target Standard for Mobile Apps.  Adobe Target Standard for Mobile Apps includes the following components and functionality in the Target section of the Adobe Marketing Cloud user interface: A/B testing with the enhancement of Auto-Allocate, Multivariate Testing (MVT), Rules-based Targeting, and Geo-targeting.  These capabilities are to be exclusively used for optimization of mobile applications.

3.  Adobe Target Premium.  Adobe Target Premium includes the following components and functionality in the Target section of the Adobe Marketing Cloud user interface: Automated Personalization, Recommendations, A/B testing, Multivariate Testing (MVT), Rules-based Targeting, Geo-targeting, Server Side Optimization (otherwise known as optimization via APIs), and Enterprise Permissions.  These capabilities may be used for optimization of the following touchpoints as scoped in the applicable Sales Order: browser-based channels (desktop web and mobile web), email,  mobile applications and internet-connected devices and screens (otherwise classified as Internet of Things).

4.  Adobe Search&Promote.  Adobe Search&Promote includes the following components and functionality: on-site search, faceted navigation, and search-based merchandising functionality.  Adobe Search&Promote: Content enables Customers to optimize the search of Customer Content on Customer Sites that Adobe crawls on Customer’s behalf.  Adobe Search&Promote: Content+Product enables Customers to optimize the search of Customer Content on Customer Sites that Adobe crawls on Customer’s behalf and the search of Customer’s index of products on Customer Sites that Adobe ingests on Customer’s behalf.

Thanks,

Gauresh Kodag.

Level 4

Thanks for providing that.

In 3. Adobe Target Premium: I am struggling to understand the definition of "browser based channels" and "Desktop Web"

I want to know if it is possible to use Adobe Target premium on this desktop application Mendeley Desktop

Thanks

Nicolai

Employee Advisor

hi Nicolai,

As I know, Desktop applications needs to be manually updated to reflect any changes (or atleast have manual approval)

If it is possible to use adobe target with help of API or plugins, you have to make your application dynamic means providing internet while using API.

So, I thinks unless your desktop app isn't relaying on internet you can not use adobe target, but I will also like to know if there is any way.

Thanks,

Gauresh Kodag

Level 4

Thanks gaureshk30144236for the rely

Yes thats clear.

Mendeley Desktop ​ does connect to the web so I think using API's will be possible. So this then a server-side implementation. I wonder how similar the approach would be to a mobile server-side implementation. Mobiles, like desktop are not *always* connected to the internet.

Does anyone here have any tips on how to deploy Adobe Target for desktop applications?

Employee

nicolaih30984078

As you rightly said, I believe Target can be leveraged on desktop applications using server-side implementation and server-side delivery APIs.

This document might help you to proceed further > A1 : What is Server Side Testing · adobe-target/serverside-testing Wiki · GitHub

Level 4

Hi tanvia28417128

Thanks for the reply

Do you know of any example customers that have used Adobe Target on their desktop applications?

Thanks

Nicolai

Employee Advisor

mikewebguy​ Can you give any suggestion ?

Regards,

Gauresh Kodag.