Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

Can you pause a Target activity and continue it later?

Level 1

Hello,

I'm wondering whether it's possible to pause a Target activity, let's say for 2 weeks and continue it afterwards? Will the test continue without problems after a pause or should I take something special into account?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Jenni

5 Replies

Employee

Hi. Yes its possible to deactivate a test and then reactivate it again later. However, If you deactivate or archive an activity and then later reactivate it, a visitor will continue being a part of that activity after the reactivation if they were in it before it was deactivated or archived. Any conversion metrics recorded during the time between the two events won't be attributed to that activity.

Ref: Activities

Hope this helped answer your question.

Employee Advisor

One other point to note, is that although traffic will not be counted in Target. Analytics often continues to record data, even if the Target activity has been de-activated.

Level 1

Hi Ram - Can you elaborate? If we are using A4T for reporting will the data be skewed due to Analytics data being recorded during the time the activity is paused. Does it make more sense to hold off on any test launches if there is a time frame we will be unable to test?

Employee Advisor

@sullivan.brendan,

That is correct Analytics will continue to count visits for the visitors who had entered the activity however Target obviously can't count visits if the activity is de-activated. I would hold off on any test launches until you can test without restrictions.

If this satisfies your query please like, mark as helpful and mark as answer. Otherwise lets keep the conversation going. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 1

Hi @MihneaD , @Rami_Hammad , and @Shruthi_N 

Thank you all for responding. I appreciate the explanations that you provided. But I'm still confused. What's the point of having the "reactivate" feature if you're suggesting that it's not a good idea to deactivate and reactivate A/B tests. Are there certain situations where it's advisable/appropriate to use the "reactivate" feature? We have a need to pause our A/B tests for a couple of hours each week to allow a scheduled job to run which we would like to keep separate from the A/B test.